Quality Controller, PSS2
- Rowan University
- New Jersey, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Oct 28, 2022
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Science, Technology & Mathematics, Computer Sciences & Technology, Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Computer Services & Information Technology, Other Business & Administrative Affairs, Technology Administration/Other, Chief Technology & Information Officers
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Job Title : Quality Controller, PSS2
Department : Project Management Office
Division : Information Resources & Technology
Reports to : Director of Project Management
Position Summary :
In this role, the Quality Controller is responsible for enforcing quality controls in order to maintain Rowan University standards through communicating expectations, providing coaching and perform corrective and preventative actions (CAPA) within Rowan University’s projects, processes and Information Technology Acquisition Process (ITAP).
ITAP Summary :
The ITAP system ensures that all technology purchases are compatible with existing technology, compliance with security requirements and regulations are followed, technology duplication and consolidation is minimal, and project and operational commitments with respect to IT resources are reviewed.
Quality Control Responsibilities – including but not limited to the following:
- Design, implement and improve quality standards.
- Analyze quantitative and qualitative data in order to find
areas for improvement.
- Reviews processes to ensure alignment with organization goals
and industry trends.
- Responsible for development and/or improvement of
- Responsible for performing quality control within projects,
products, and processes.
- Collaborate with internal and external teams to ensure quality
standards are documented.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Responsible as process manager for the ITAP process.
- Coordinate with ITAP Committee.
- Responsible for providing ITAP process guidance &
- Resolve requestor’s questions and escalations about requests
and the process.
- Elevate ITAP request issues or concerns to the appropriate IRT
SME for remediation & resolution.
- Provide advice and guidance to the different teams relating to
- Ensure ITAP request submissions and documents are accurate for
review & assessment.
- Review stalled requests to make certain they are completed in a
- Weekly review of high purchase requisitions with executive
- Bachelor’s Degree in related profession
- At least three (3) years of practical quality assurance
experience with a strong focus in the following areas: IT, process
& quality improvement, and auditing.
- Ability to work within a matrix organization.
- Ability to train others, including peers, in the execution of
quality assurance efforts.
- Strong Experience with quality assurance methodologies and
techniques (i.e. Corrective Actions & Preventative Actions,
Internal Configuration Audits, Physical Configuration Audits,
Functional Configuration Audits, Document Control)
- Strong Experience with process development and improvement
methodologies (i.e. Six Sigma, Lean)
- Ability to function effectively in a team environment.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to think independently.
- Ability to analyze and solve complex problems.
- Ability to quickly grasp technical issues and offer
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Master’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science,
Business Administration, or other related field.
- 3-5 years of quality assurance experience.
- 3-5 years of process development and improvement
- IT and higher education/ business work experience
- Six Sigma Green Belt Certification.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert