University of Idaho
Off Campus Location - Carmen
Col of Agricultural & Life
$61,734.40 annually or higher depending on
Oversee daily operations at the Nancy M. Cummings Research,
Extension and Education Center; manage operation budgets and
expenditures through supervision of financial technicians and
administrative staff; manage staff performing ranch operations;
hire and train staff and evaluate performance. Oversee operation
and maintenance of equipment and buildings. Work with faculty to
coordinate research and Extension activities with cattle and land
resources at NMCREEC.
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Animal Science or related
- Four years related experience in animal science or ranch
- Experience with managing personnel, facilities, and budgets in
a cattle ranch operation.
- Editing and writing business correspondence using proper
grammar and punctuation as demonstrated in application
- Experience using computer software and applications for word
processing, developing spreadsheets, email and internet.
- Experience working in a team environment to accomplish shared
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
- Master’s degree in agriculture or related discipline or two
years of related research experience in animal science or ranch
management beyond B.S. degree.
- Experience with irrigated agriculture.
- Knowledge of operations and maintenance of farm equipment.
- Knowledge of farm/ranch and industrial safety issues and the
ability to provide safety training.
- Familiarity with agricultural research.
- Familiarity with farm management software.
- Experience with verbal skills in communications with employees,
supervisors, and the general public.
Required Licensures, Certifications or other
- Ability to lift, carry, and/or otherwise move up to 80
- Pesticide applicator’s license or ability to obtain license
within 6 months of hire.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to successfully
pass a driver’s record check.
Open Until Filled:
Applications received by November 27, 2022, will receive first
IMPORTANT: To be considered, your
“Letter of Qualification”
must address EACH of
the required qualifications, including pertinent education and/or
experience. In addition, to improve your ranking during the
evaluation process, address as many of the Preferred Qualifications
as possible. Information on a resume WILL NOT be accepted as a
substitute for submitting a Letter of Qualification.
Unofficial transcripts are acceptable.
The two letters of reference should be sent directly from the
individual providing the reference to the following address:
Dr. John Hall
16 Hot Springs Ranch Road
Carmen, ID 83462
For information on the Nancy M. Cummings Research, Extension and
Education Center, please visit:
Applicants who are selected as final
possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative