About University Marketing & Communications
Under the newly minted division of University Marketing &
Communications, the Office of Marketing Communications creates
proactive, innovative, and comprehensive marketing, communications
and branding strategies that highlight Drexel’s academic strengths
and research, while emphasizing the value and potential of the
experiential education model. The Office of Marketing
Communications works closely with colleges, schools, academic and
administrative staff throughout the University to create
comprehensive marketing and communications strategies that serve
the University’s overarching branding, recruitment and retention
goals to meet or exceed the enrollment and revenue objectives. The
Office of Marketing Communications defines, protects, and
disseminates the Drexel University brand while clearly illustrating
its unique value proposition.
The Designer is responsible for key aspects in the creation of both
print and electronic media, environmental spaces, and should have
the ability to take direction from written or spoken ideas and
develop them into design solutions. Projects may include websites,
landing pages, emails, print materials, video, and motion graphics,
all created in support of the mission of Drexel University’s
Division of University Marketing & Communications. The Designer
will be a member of a high-energy, high volume, creative team and
will interact with students, faculty, and administrators, as well
as other Marketing & Communications team members. The Designer
will report to the Senior Designer.
- Assist in the development of marketing and creative strategies
while maintaining consistent brand messaging and tone across all
communications. Includes campaign and communications plans.
- Execute marketing and creative strategies into specific
electronic and print final deliverables.
- Primary lead on complex print production projects.
- Manage production process through external vendors such as
printers, video and interactive content developers, and internal
development partners. Oversee press checks to ensure quality
- Help with organizing and overseeing outside photographers.
- Research and report the latest emerging trends in marketing,
the latest in design, social networking, as well as developments in
the Higher Education field.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in graphic design, visual arts,
or related art or communications field.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience.
- Portfolio of completed design projects.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Illustrator,
Photoshop, and Dreamweaver). Aftereffects and Premier are a
- Strong aesthetic skills with the ability to combine various
colors, fonts and layouts.
- Attention to visual details.
- Ability to meet deadlines and collaborate with a team.
- Strong self-project management skills.
- Understanding of the print production process.
- Experience in the creation of motion graphics a plus.
Hybrid: Remote/University City, Philadelphia PA
This position is classified as Exempt
with a salary grade of
For more information regarding Drexel’s Professional
Staff salary structure, https://drexel.edu/hr/career/ducomp/salstructure/
Please review the
for some information on our benefits
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when
submitting your application.
Review of applicants will begin once a suitable candidate pool is
Oct 28 2022 Eastern Daylight Time
Dec 29 2022 Eastern Standard Time