Adult Educator - Spanish GED (Part Time)
- City Colleges of Chicago
- Illinois, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Oct 31, 2022
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Education, Curriculum & Instruction, Other Education, Teacher Education, Humanities, English as a Second Language, Administrative, Academic Affairs, Adult & Continuing Education Programs
- Employment Type
- Part Time
ADULT EDUCATOR - SPANISH GED (PART-TIME)
Olive-Harvey College is seeking a part-time Spanish GED Adult Educator to provide instruction to students enrolled in our Adult Education Department. Adult Education is a comprehensive program of free classes for adult students who need to learn English and improve their basic literacy skills, obtain a GED certificate, prepare for the Citizenship, or gain the knowledge needed for transition to college and career pathways. For this position, we are looking for a Spanish-Speaking Instructor to teach in our GED courses.
- To provide instruction to students enrolled in the Adult Education program at the City Colleges of Chicago.
- Develops class syllabi & appropriate class materials & curriculum for class instruction.
- Takes attendance & monitors class enrollment.
- Evaluates student progress & extra instruction needs; refers student for tutoring as needed.
- Administers progress tests to students & assigns grades based on test results.
- Prepares reports to senior management regarding test scores, student participation & student progress.
- Keeps abreast of state rules & regulations regarding Adult Education policies.
- Stays abreast of the pedagogy of teaching & adjusts teaching methods accordingly.
- Attends regular staff meetings with Adult Education Managers & Adult Education Coordinators to receive information regarding program policies & procedures.
- Assists with program registration.
- Participates in staff development programs as required.
- BS, BA from a regionally accredited university/college in a discipline appropriate to instructional subject, preferably English, Linguistics, Psycholinguistics, a Foreign Language, Elementary or Secondary Education with ESL endorsement (ESL) and/or Education required.
- M.Ed., MA, MAT, or MS from a regionally accredited university/college in Teaching English as a Second Language, Applied Linguistics, Linguistics, Curriculum and Instruction with emphasis in ESL, Adult Education, Secondary Education &/or Elementary Education with ESL Endorsement and English preferred.
- Must be able to communicate in Spanish.
- International degree(s) evaluated by a certified provider (e.g. E.C.E., W.E.S., etc.).
- Official transcript(s) reflect sufficient subject-relevant coursework to teach ESL.
- Submitted sample lesson plans, syllabi and/or teaching portfolio that reflect skills in area(s) of instruction, including computer literacy & adult learning practices.
- Knowledge of current adult education classroom assessment techniques.
- Passed GED practice examination and/or ISBE/CPS certification examination for the subject area assigned to teach.
- References and work experience contracts verified, including
instructional experience with adults with at least one of the
- K-12 certification
- Verified significant instructional experience with adults or other discipline related experience.
- 15 graduate hours or more in the discipline that they will be teaching.
- Current enrollment in a subject appropriate, master’s degree program at an accredited university/college.
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago!
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert