Dining Service Aide II
Dining Service - Thorne Hall
Bowdoin College is located in Brunswick Maine with a student
population of almost 2000. We make everything from scratch and
consistently rated in the top 10 for college dining! We have our
own butcher shop, bakeshop and organic garden that all supply food
to our 2 dining halls and 3 retail locations.
This position provides general food service sanitation duties at
Thorne Hall. Under supervision of the Service Supervisor, this
position would assist in cleaning service ware through an
industrial flight type dishwasher, clean pots an pan in a
traditional three bay pot sink as well as a large pots and pan
dishwasher. May also clean floors with a walk behind floor
- This position offers a $500 sign-on bonus ($250 on first
paycheck and $250 after 90 days).
- Hourly rate for this position is $17.90/ per hour (This role is
eligible for overtime and shift differential)
- This position will require a criminal background check and
Experience Requirements and/or Equivalents
- Ability to read and write at 9th grade level
Standard Work Days and Hours
- One year experience in sanitation or related experience
- Demonstrated reliability as well as neat and clean
- Serve Safe certification
- Schedule – Second/Third shift, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday
(6 pm – 2 am), Tuesday and Wednesday (4 pm – 9 pm)
- The role will be required to work occasional overtime,
holidays, and during weather emergencies, in addition to working
major college events and weekends (i.e., Parent’s Weekend,
Commencement, and Reunions).
- This position is an academic-year round position working 32
hours/week for 38 weeks (.55 FTE )
- An academic-year round employee is not scheduled to work
during winter, spring, and summer breaks.
Bowdoin embraces diversity in all forms, and the College is home to
talented students, faculty and staff—with a variety of racial,
ethnic, cultural, and socioeconomic backgrounds; religious beliefs;
and gender identities, among other factors.
We encourage applications from candidates committed to the support
of an inclusive campus community and those who will enrich and
contribute to the College’s multifaceted diversity. We value a
community in which individuals of all backgrounds are warmly
welcomed and encouraged to succeed.
Founded in 1794, Bowdoin has maintained its commitment to the
liberal arts for well over 200 years. Bowdoin’s reputation as a
preeminent liberal arts college rests on the excellence of its
faculty, students, and staff; intimate size; strong sense of
community; and connections to the people, history, and natural
beauty of Maine.
Bowdoin’s campus is situated in a beautiful natural setting.
Located in Brunswick, Maine, a town of approximately 20,000, the
College is a short drive from the Maine coast, twenty-five miles
from Portland and 120 miles from Boston.
Full Time Academic Year
Background Check Package Requirements
Is driving a vehicle (e.g. Bowdoin vehicle or off road vehicle,
rental car, personal car) an essential function of this
Is a pre-placement physical required for this
Applications Accepted Until
Open Until Filled
Type of Posting
Special Instructions to Applicants
Bowdoin College complies with applicable provisions of federal and
state laws that prohibit unlawful discrimination in employment,
admission, or access to its educational or extracurricular
programs, activities, or facilities based on race, color,
ethnicity, ancestry and national origin, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, marital
status, place of birth, genetic predisposition, veteran status, or
against qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities
on the basis of disability, or any other legally protected
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Required Documents Optional Documents
- * How did you hear about this position?
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Diverse Issues in Higher Ed
- Google Search
- Maine Job Link
- Employee Referral
- Bowdoin College Website
- Radio Ad
- If you answered Employee Referral or Other, please specify
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please list which days and hours you are available to
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are there any days of the week and hours that you are
unavailable to work?
(Open Ended Question)
- Resume / Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter