Senior Data Analyst (16267)
- American University
- District of Columbia, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Oct 31, 2022
Get to Know American University
At American University we value open and honest inquiry, servant leadership, and the affirmation of the human dignity of all. We envision a thriving AU community where individuals of all identities and experiences are understood, appreciated, and fully included, and where equitable treatment, opportunities, and outcomes prevail.
Our diverse community of students, faculty, and staff represent every state and more than 150 countries. Our internationally recognized faculty are today's thought leaders in the areas of public policy, law, the arts, communications, international development, and more. Our staff are innovative, service-oriented, and dedicated to moving the university towards achieving its strategic goals. We are committed to an excellent experience for all of our students, faculty and staff and share a passion for creating change through our knowledge and our work.
Learn more about American University by clicking here .
Leverages analytics to guide decision-making and strategy. Works closely with WCL leadership to analyze market positioning and relevant data to ensure that department/School and/or University goals are met. Analyzes, synthesizes and reports relevant data to internal and external stakeholders. Reviews and analyzes data and trends. Forecasts changes in identified metrics, and develops appropriate data models and strategies to respond. Produces daily, weekly, quarterly, and annual reports used in decision-making.
- Data Analysis:Perform advanced quantitative and qualitative data analysis, and provide data-driven advice for department. Review and evaluate data and trends; forecast changes; and work with senior management to develop appropriate strategies to respond. Develop and maintain familiarity with department and University goals, key metrics, and best practices. Oversee the prioritization, scheduling, and management of data projects. In collaboration with senior management, lead efforts to improve business processes by integrating relevant data analysis tools into day-to-day procedures.
- Data Validation and Modeling:Collaborate with intra- and inter-departmental colleagues in streamlining, standardizing, optimizing, and validating data related processes. Define and set standards for data validation and data integrity. Build, create, and deploy data models to visualize, analyze, predict, and identify key trends. Manage statistical data, and create predictive models based on departmental needs and external requirements. Conduct regular data audits.
- Data Management and Reporting:Manage data collection processes and procedures across the department. Oversee department data collection; respond to requests for data; and develop and implement reports, and surveys for internal and external stakeholders. External stakeholders may include, but are not limited to, accrediting organizations, regulatory agencies, and grantmakers. Process information for easier consumption, and transform it into actionable plans.
- Systems Support, Maintenance and Training:Develop and maintain expertise in relevant data analysis tools/software. Provide senior management with in-depth information on the latest advances in predictive and/or analytical models.Assist users in understanding and utilizing data systems in their daily decision-making and planning. Provide end user training and updates for new and changing applications, as needed.
- The Sr. Data Analyst is a key member of the Office of the Law School Registrar and serves customers throughout the law school administration.
- The position reports directly to the Law School Registrar and works closely with the Office of Finance & Administration, Office of Career & Professional Development, Office of Academic Excellence, Office of the Dean, and faculty committee chairs to analyze market positioning and relevant data to ensure that department/School and/or University goals are met.
- The worker normally performs their job indoors in an office environment.
- Full Time.
- 5.2 Project Leader/Advisor A.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Analytics or closely related field.
- 5-8 Years of experience with data analysis, statistics, business intelligence or other relevant field.
- Strong customer service orientation, aligning report creation with business needs, and an ability to maintain collaborative and collegial working relationships with colleagues and other stakeholders within and across the campus community.
- Ability to provide guidance and advice to management or other groups on technical, systems-, or process-related topics.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to manage competing priorities effectively.
- Extremely high level of professionalism; superior tact, discretion, and sensitivity to confidential information.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts effectively to technically proficient and non-technically proficient audiences.
- Master's degree in Business Analytics or closely related field.
- Experience using Ellucian Colleague products.
- Hiring offers for this position are contingent on successful completion of a background check.
- To ensure the health and safety of our community AU requires COVID-19 vaccinations for faculty and staff. Click here to learn more about our health and safety directive.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
AU offers a competitive benefits package including a 200% matching retirement plan, tuition benefits for full-time staff and their families, several leadership development certificates, and has been recognized by the American Heart Association as a fit-friendly worksite.Click here to learn about American University's unique benefit options .
Current American University Employees
If you are a current employee at American University, please log intoAsuccessfulU through themyAU portal . Once in AsuccessfulU, please select the Careers tile which will take you to our internal career page.
For more information or assistance with the American University careers site, email email@example.com .
American University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution that operates in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. The university does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, personal appearance, gender identity and expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, source of income, veteran status, an individual’s genetic information or any other bases under federal or local laws (collectively "Protected Bases") in its programs and activities.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert