Job Summary/Basic Function
Job Summary/Basic Function In keeping with our mission and vision
statement, Maryville University actively seeks adjunct faculty
members who are experts in their fields and have a passion for
teaching. Adjunct faculty are an integral part of the University’s
The John E. Simon School of Business is accepting applications for
an academically/professionally qualified adjunct faculty member to
teach an undergraduate Global Marketing course during the Spring
2023 semester. The course will be conducted face-to-face on our
main campus and scheduled during regular business hours. Applicants
would need to have reliable transportation as well as the
flexibility to teach during the daytime.
MKT-474 Global Marketing
Description: Many American businesses (e.g., Coca-Cola, McDonald’s,
Boeing) now generate over half their revenues from markets outside
of the United States. Exploiting fast-growing markets in developing
countries present profitable opportunities for businesses of all
kinds. This course examines how economic, social, cultural,
political, legal, and financial environments play an important role
when formulating marketing plans for individual countries in the
global marketplace. The pace and complexity of regional integration
and interdependence, cultural diversity, electronic communications,
and terrorism all create constant challenges and opportunities for
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
• Must be committed to fostering a culturally diverse
• Teach assigned course as specified in the schedule and course
• Participate in welcome orientation to become familiar with the
University’s mission, academic policies and procedures,
expectations, and Canvas (Learning Management System).
• Create a course syllabus and content to facilitate active
learning in the classroom. Provide additional context for course
content for in-person delivery.
• Clearly communicate course objectives and learning outcomes,
teaching methodology, assignments and deadlines, using available
technology with Canvas.
• Employ a variety of teaching styles in order to effectively
deliver course content demonstrating both academic and real-world
applications of concepts covered.
• Encourage active learning through discussion topics, class
assignments, group projects, etc.
• Provide feedback and grade assignments in a timely and thorough
• Establish times outside of class to assist students with
additional questions and concerns.
• Report early alerts for students who are not actively engaging in
• Additional duties, as assigned, will vary based on course(s)
• Master’s degree in Marketing, MBA, or an applicable
business-related field from a regionally accredited
• Willingness and ability to learn new academic technology and
engaged pedagogy to facilitate student learning.
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
• Doctorate with at least 15 graduate hours in Marketing, DBA, or
an applicable business-related field from a regionally accredited
• Teaching experience and relevant experience in the field.
• Experience working with organizations that operate overseas
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
An offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of
a background screening.
Applicants would need to have reliable transportation as well as
the flexibility to teach during the daytime on our main
While the School of Business is searching for a qualified applicant
to teach the specified course during the Spring 2023 semester, the
department is also using this posting to build a qualified pool of
instructors to fill teaching needs as they arise.
Applicants requiring University sponsorship to obtain employment
authorization will not be considered for this position.
Maryville University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity
and prohibits discrimination on the basis of age, disability,
gender, genetic information, marital status, national origin,
race/color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or
any other status protected by law. This extends to all aspects of
the employment relationship, including recruiting, hiring,
training, on-the-job treatment, promotion, layoff, and
Advertised: October 28, 2022