Analyst and Project Coordinator
- San Jose State University
- California, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Oct 28, 2022
Reporting to the Director of Data Analytics, Evaluation, and Applied Research, the Analyst and Project Coordinator organizes and performs a variety of complex administrative duties in direct support of the Director, manages the day-to-day office operations and processes, and supervises student employees. The Analyst and Project Coordinator performs duties independently and under limited supervision to achieve specified outcomes. The Analyst and Project Coordinator provides administrative and analytical support as well as manage projects from conception to completion and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with direction, maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities, and routinely interface with a wide variety of stakeholders. The incumbent serves as the IRSA liaison to all campus offices and works collaboratively and effectively to establish and maintain working relationships within a diverse environment. The position also provides support to the data reporting, analytical, and research functions of IRSA by developing and updating reports, presenting data findings, and supporting the data collection and management process.
- Manage and coordinate all projects that are assigned by the Director to ensure timely delivery of high-quality data-related products and services to university stakeholders
- Assist with the development and maintenance of project documentation, including but not limited to timeline, project scope, process mapping, and workflow design
- Apply professional judgment and discretion in problem solving and troubleshooting operational issues and challenges of varying complexity
- Prepare agendas and meeting notes as needed
- Create and maintain unit DocuSign templates and forms
- Prepare standard and ad hoc data reports and dashboards using Tableau, custom queries (i.e., SQL, PeopleSoft), and/or other applications (e.g., Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets, Qualtrics, etc.)
- Create original data graphics and illustrations to support office projects and productivity
- Produce general data analyses for reports, presentations, and operational functions
- Develop and maintain documentation, including definitions, procedures, and/or instructions, related to data products and services
- Coordinate various tasks in the administration of campus surveys, including survey development and communications to participants
- Manage and coordinate the logistics for meeting preparation and follow-up assignments.
- Provide support and apply professional judgment in ensuring the Director’s time is utilized efficiently and effectively by monitoring the alignment of activities and calendar with established priorities.
- Coordinate the Director’s calendar and maintain various division and office event calendars.
- Assist with and proofread IRSA correspondences that are sent out on behalf of the Director and IRSA.
- Perform outreach to faculty, students, and staff to inform them of IRSA’s functions and promote effective collaboration with campus stakeholders.
- Coordinate travel including pre-approval, logistics, and reimbursements for the Director and all IRSA employees.
- Manage and track the IRSA budget and prepare periodic status reports to support the strategic use of resources.
- Arrange and schedule meetings, including coordinating logistics with executive support staff across the university, and other general office duties.
- Provide basic IT troubleshooting for staff offices, shared spaces, and online meetings through telepresence.
- Serve as department liaison for human resources, (recruitments, processes, etc.), safety, technical support and other internal and external contacts.
- Participate as an active member of the Academic Affairs Resource Team (AART) and work collaboratively with the ABSO team.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to keep track of numerous project/tasks of varying complexity
- Knowledge of university budget and finance policies and procedures
- Knowledge of wide variety of university data sources and definitions
- Ability to generate and verify numbers using a variety of query and statistical tools
- Ability to summarize data findings
- Detail-oriented, capable of working independently and making independent decisions.
- Ability to learn SJSU budgeting, purchasing, and reconciliation practices and procedures
- Ability to learn the university’s organizational structure and functions
- Ability to maintain effective contacts with other administrative units of the university
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to interact with stakeholders at all levels of the institution
- Ability to proactively determine the applicable and relevant policies and procedures to maintain general office operations
- Knowledge of procedures for recruiting, tracking, and managing student assistants and other staff positions
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of personnel matters and handle sensitive communications with staff, students, and outside organizations
- Ability to learn usage and definitions for wide variety of university data sources, including the ERS, APDB, and common PeopleSoft tables
- Ability to produce highly formatted data tables and complex data graphics
- Excellent customer service and public relations skills
- Ability to learn and use Qualtrics and similar survey software applications
- A bachelor's degree and/or equivalent training
- Four years of administrative work experience involving study, analysis, and/or evaluation leading to the development or improvement of administrative policies, procedures, practices, or programs
- Master’s degree or higher in education, social sciences, statistics, or related field
- Three years of relevant work experience performing similar functions
- Experience working in higher education or the California State University system
- Experience working with business intelligence software and workflow management tools
Classification: Administrative Analyst/Specialist – Exempt II
Anticipated Hiring Range: $6,242/month - $6,539/month
CSU Salary Range: $5,022/month - $9,083/month
San José State University offers employees a comprehensive benefits package typically worth 30-35% of your base salary. For more information on programs available, please see the Employee Benefits Summary .
Click Apply Now to complete the SJSU Online Employment Application and attach the following documents:
- Letter of Interest
CSU Vaccination Policy
The CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus (including all booster doses of an approved vaccine for which an individual is eligible per current CDC recommendations) or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. As a condition of employment, any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement as well as with other safety measures established on the campus. The system wide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/ and questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. SJSU will issue a contingent offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was offered the position on a contingent basis.
The standard background check includes: criminal check, employment and education verification. Depending on the position, a motor vehicle and/or credit check may be required. All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate Background. Some positions may also require fingerprinting. SJSU will pay all costs associated with this procedure. Evidence of required degree(s) or certification(s) will be required at time of hire.
SJSU IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (e.g. H1-B VISAS)
All San José State University employees are considered mandated reporters under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and are required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment. Incumbent is also required to promptly report any knowledge of a possible Title IX related incident to the Title IX Office or report any discrimination, harassment, and/or retaliation to the Office of Equal Opportunity.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act and Campus Housing Fire Safety Notification:
Pursuant to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the Annual Security Report (ASR) is also now available for viewing at https://www.sjsu.edu/clery/docs/SJSU-Annual-Security-Report.pdf. The ASR contains the current security and safety-related policy statements, emergency preparedness and evacuation information, crime prevention and Sexual Assault prevention information, and information about drug and alcohol prevention programming. The ASR also contains statistics of Clery crimes for San José State University locations for the three most recent calendar years. A paper copy of the ASR is available upon request by contacting the Office of the Clery Director by phone at 408-924-1501 or by email at email@example.com .
Pursuant to the Higher Education Opportunity Act, the Annual Fire Safety Report (AFSR) is also available for viewing at https://www.sjsu.edu/clery/docs/SJSU-Annual-Fire-Safety-Report.pdf . The purpose of this report is to disclose statistics for fires that occurred within SJSU on-campus housing facilities for the three most recent calendar years, and to distribute fire safety policies and procedures intended to promote safety on Campus. A paper copy of the AFSR is available upon request by contacting the Housing Office by phone at 408-795-5600 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Equal Employment Statement
San José State University (SJSU) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, gender, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, race, religion or lack thereof, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, or protected veteran status consistent with applicable federal and state laws. This policy applies to all SJSU students, faculty and staff programs and activities. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, and certain other federal and state laws, prohibit discrimination on the basis of sex in all education programs and activities operated by the university (both on and off campus).
Advertised: October 28, 2022 (9:00 AM) Pacific Daylight Time
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert