Chair of Department of Environmental & Occupational Health - IU Bloomington School of Public Health.
- IU School of Public Health
- Bloomington, Indiana
- Commensurate with experience
- Posted Date
- Oct 31, 2022
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Administrative, Academic Affairs, Academic Administration, Chief Academic Officers & Vice Presidents
- Employment Level
- Tenured/Tenured Track
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Indiana University’s School of Public Health‐Bloomington (SPH‐B) invites applications for the position of Department Chair and Tenured/Tenure Track Professor of Environmental and Occupational Health. The Department of Environmental and Occupational Health unites a multidisciplinary faculty conducting cutting edge research in environmental sciences and engineering, toxicology, environmental epidemiology, environmental microbiology, industrial hygiene, occupational health, anthropology, medicine, and environmental policy, all pursuing the common goal of preventing disease by ensuring healthy environments. Academic offerings of the Department include a bachelor’s degree (BSPH) in Environmental and Occupational Health, a Master of Public Health (MPH) and Master of Science degrees, and a PhD degree in Environmental and Occupational Health.
The Chair provides inspirational and practical leadership for the department’s research, teaching, and service mission and reports directly to the Dean of the School of Public Health-Bloomington. The Chair oversees the department budget, secures financial resources to meet program objectives, oversees the department’s undergraduate and graduate teaching programs, evaluates and mentors department faculty and staff, actively assists with fundraising activities, and represents the department on external committees.
SPH-B welcomes applicants currently holding a tenured associate professorship or full professorship with demonstrable expertise in environmental and occupational health or a closely related field. The following minimum qualifications are required:
- A doctoral degree in a field such as, or closely related to, environmental and occupational health from an accredited educational institution;
- A firm commitment to the role of diversity in all aspects of research, education, and service;
- National recognition as a public health scholar with a record of extramurally supported research as a corresponding principal investigator;
- An outstanding record of teaching at the graduate and professional level; and
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work congenially within a diverse environment of faculty, colleagues, and students.
The preferred candidate will exemplify sound judgment, creative strategic thinking, the ability to delegate yet maintain the highest standards, impeccable professional integrity, self-awareness, humility, trust, transparency, optimism, and empathy.
Nominations and Applications
Conﬁdential review of materials and screening of candidates will begin immediately. For best consideration, applications should be received by December 1, 2022. The search will remain open until an appointment is made. Inquiries, nominations, and applications are invited.
Interested candidates should submit:
- Curriculum vitae (Word or PDF);
- Letter of Interest that highlights managerial and leadership philosophy, experience, and training in preparation to chair an academic department;
- Contact information for five professional references (to be contacted with candidate’s permission at a later date).
Additional materials may be requested at a later date including a diversity statement, research statement, and teaching philosophy.
Application materials should be sent to: IndianaEnvOccChair@agbsearch.com
Before a conditional offer of employment is finalized, candidates will be asked to disclose any pending investigations or previous findings of sexual or professional misconduct. They will also be required to authorize an inquiry by Indiana University Bloomington with all current and former employers along these lines. The relevance of information disclosed or ascertained in the context of this process to a candidate’s eligibility for hire will be evaluated by Indiana University Bloomington on a case-by-case basis. Applicants should be aware, however, that Indiana University Bloomington takes the matters of sexual and professional misconduct very seriously.
Please direct nominations and inquiries to:
Ms. Joy Yablonsky, Executive Search Consultant, email@example.com / (215) 934-1386
Dr. Jerry Gilbert, Executive Search Consultant, firstname.lastname@example.org / (662)769-1021
INDIANA UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT AND AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER AND A PROVIDER OF ADA SERVICES. ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL RECEIVE CONSIDERATION FOR EMPLOYMENT BASED ON INDIVIDUAL QUALIFICATIONS. INDIANA UNIVERSITY PROHIBITS DISCRIMINATION BASED ON AGE, ETHNICITY, COLOR, RACE, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY OR EXPRESSION, GENETIC INFORMATION, MARITAL STATUS, NATIONAL ORIGIN, DISABILITY STATUS OR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert