Work Site Location: Head Start - Multiple openings in Kootenai
Up to 19 hours per week, Sept-May
North Idaho College does not have a vaccine requirement.
However, some departments and programs at NIC, including Head Start
and many of our nursing and health professions, are subject to
federal or local hospital vaccine requirements.
In conjunction with the North Idaho
College Head Start mission, five-year goals and in compliance with
all local, state and federal regulations the Classroom Aide under
general direction assists the Classroom Teacher with implementing a
comprehensive child development program.
This list includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Maintains a positive, helpful, constructive attitude and work
relationship with supervisor, staff, families and the
- Assist in maintaining a safe, clean, healthy, and organized
- Participate in ensuring active supervision of all children in
- Assist in planning and implementing classroom curriculum and
learning experiences, with the classroom team
- Support the development of relationships between children and
their families through involvement in the program.
- Conduct classroom hours each week per center model. Attendance
is mandatory for teaching staff during classroom hours.
- Support early childhood education in the classroom.
- Support individual children in meeting their basic
developmental needs, including, feeding and toileting
- Participate in internal and external committees, including but
not limited to, planning and/or operations committees and task
forces as directed by the program Director.
- Participate in professional development opportunities to ensure
up-to-date, quality services to children and families.
- Participate as part of the center team to ensure efficient
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Plan work time to meet the center operations schedule, knowing
that flexibility is required to meet the unique needs of the Head
Start program and its participants.
Education and Experience
: High School Diploma or GED and experience as a staff or volunteer
in a preschool classroom, with preference given to Head Start
Required License and/or Certifications (Upon hire)
• Register with Idaho STARS and participate in the professional
• Meet all training and certification requirements for childcare
licensing and Head Start Program Performance Standards.
• Maintain current Infant/child & Adult CPR and First
• Meet terms of Statement of Agreement/ Employment
• Pass an enhanced criminal background check including
fingerprinting, as required by Head Start Program Performance
Standards and Child Care Licensing requirements, prior to first day
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with people
from diverse ethnic, cultural and linguistic backgrounds.
• Positive approach to Early Childhood Development programs, health
and social services.
• Working knowledge of commonly used computer software programs
including data collection systems.
• Demonstrate professional ethics and confidentiality. Represent
the Head Start program in the community and with other
professionals, positively and with professionalism.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of
Application materials include; resume, cover letter
Advertised: October 28, 2022 Pacific Daylight