Williams is pleased to announce that it is now accepting
applications for a Program Coordinator for the Center for
Development Economics (CDE). This highly varied and exciting
professional position provides an opportunity to gain broad
experience and launch your career in international education with
the CDE. The Program Coordinator will gain hands-on experience in
supporting a leading international master’s degree program in
economics that attracts hundreds of global applications annually
and enrolls professionals from over twenty nations each year.
This full-time, two-year term position is well suited for an
individual interested in gaining experience for an international
education or international development career.
Williams is committed to enriching its educational experience and
its culture through the diversity of its faculty and staff. Our
expectation is that the successful candidate will excel at working
in a community that is broadly diverse with regard to race,
ethnicity, socioeconomic status, gender, nationality, sexual
orientation, and religion. Applicants should also highlight
relevant experience with building, working with, and supporting a
broadly diverse community.
- Maintain student data in Peoplesoft, Terra Dotta, and
- Plan student travel from abroad and for several annual field
- Implement CDE student activities initiated by the
- Organize and participate in host family events
- Maintain program website and social media sites.
- Track CDE Alumni information in Advance system in conjunction
with the Williams Office of Alumni Relations.
- Coordinate CDE archival information with Williams
- Maintain the overall CDE calendar online and schedule meetings
as guided by Director, Assistant Directors, and others.
- Work on CDE Anniversary Event as guided by Director.
- Answer student questions and direct them toward available
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Excellent technical skills including Microsoft Office, Google
Suite, WordPress, and multiple social media platforms
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a
- Strong interest in international education and in developing
- Availability to work some evening and weekend hours, with
opportunity for some domestic travel
- Must be a US citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident in order to
secure Alternate Responsible Officer status with the US Department
of State for the purpose of managing student visas.
Application review will begin on November 29, 2022, and will
continue until the position is filled. Pay range is $18-$20 per
hour, commensurate with experience, Job band 18. Please visit
https://staff-careers.williams.edu/ to apply.
Conditions of Employment
Employment at Williams is contingent on the verification of
background information submitted by the applicant, including the
completion of a criminal record check, and education when
applicable. COVID-19 vaccination with booster or approved exemption
and compliance with COVID-19 related policies are required as a
condition of employment at Williams.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Beyond meeting fully its legal obligations for non-discrimination,
Williams College is committed to building a diverse and inclusive
community where members from all backgrounds can live, learn and
thrive. As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons
with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If
reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job
application or interview process please feel free to contact us via
phone at (413) 597-2681 or email at email@example.com.