The College of Education and Community Innovation at Grand Valley State University seeks an Assistant Professor in Social Work, beginning August 2023. Qualifications include:
- Master’s degree in Social Work from an accredited MSW Program.
- Doctorate (PhD or DSW) in Social Work or related field or ABD with Doctorate within 18 months of hire date.
- Three years post MSW professional social work experience.
- Evidence of critical, reflective thinking about the teaching and learning of social work education.
- Demonstrated ability to teach courses related to macro, mezzo and micro related social work practice, to both BSW and MSW students.
- Ability/interest in teaching in the online learning environment.
- A record of scholarship or potential for scholarship.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact with others with respect, empathy, and cultural humility.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and access as well as commitment to anti-racist social work practice (as articulated by the Council on Social Work Education – CSWE).
- Ability to work productively with colleagues with flexibility and creativity.
- Commitment to contribute to the Social Work BSW and MSW programs in the area of University and Community service.
Interested applicants should apply online at jobs.gvsu.edu . Please include: (1) a cover letter (2) curriculum vitae; (3) teaching statement and (4) diversity statement. The online application system will allow you to attach these documents electronically. If you need assistance or have questions, call Human Resources at (616) 331-2215. Consideration of applicants will begin immediately and the posting may be closed at any time at the discretion of the University.
Grand Valley State University is an EOE which includes protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. See http://www.gvsu.edu/affirmative/. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center at 711 (in State) or 1-800-833-7833 (out of State)