Provide general maintenance to the campus building, grounds and
mechanical systems to provide an environment that is comfortable,
safe, healthy and conducive to teaching, learning and
Prior experience as a general maintenance mechanic,
High school diploma or equivalent.
OSHA Safety Regulations
- Physical strength and stamina to perform heavy physical tasks
for long periods.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Regular attendance is a requirement of this job.
- Ability to make quick decisions under stress.
- Performs all duties while considering the impact of any actions
on the college's sustainability initiatives in the areas of
environmental stewardship, social responsibility, and economic
- Ability to lift 75 pounds 12 inches off the ground and place on
a flatbed cart; 40 lbs from floor to overhead, and walk 10 feet
carrying 45 lbs.
- Ability to work from scaffolds (s) and climb ladders