Assistant Director of Professional Development and Business Learning Community Coordinator
The University of North Carolina at Charlotte is seeking applications for an Assistant Director of Professional Development and Business Learning Community Coordinator for the College of Business working in the Niblock Student Center. The Niblock Student Center is a comprehensive student services office that provides advising, coaching, programming, and events to facilitate academic planning, career development, and professional growth for business students. The professional development (PD) team is one of two teams housed within the Center. The PD team facilitates employer connections and provides intentional experiential learning opportunities in order for students to develop in-demand professional skills that fit their diverse aspirations. The Niblock Student Center operates within the Belk College of Business. Accredited by AACSB International, the Belk College of Business at UNC Charlotte has more than 4,000 undergraduate students and is one of the largest business programs in the Carolinas.
Minimum Qualifications: A Master’s degree in career counseling, student development, higher education, or a related field is required. One to three years of experience working in an academic institution of higher education. Candidates should have experience with career development programming, employer relations, college internships and job placement, and career readiness. Direct knowledge of the business industry and an understanding of desired competencies for business occupations are strongly preferred. Certification in Strong Interest Inventory, Myers-Briggs Type Indicator, or StrengthsQuest preferred.
Essential Job Duties: The Assistant Director of Professional Development will:
- Create and execute quality career development programming that results in the acquisition of professional competencies and engages students in the business profession, equip students to translate classroom knowledge into job-ready skills and behaviors that are desired by employers, and promote experiential education, including internship for academic credit and study abroad.
- Provide classroom instruction and workshop presentations, administer and interpret career assessments, and perform other outreach related to the Center’s mission.
- Manage productive relationships with employers, alumni, and the campus community for the purpose of strengthening internship opportunities and pipelines for entry-level work, as well as monitor hiring trends and employer needs.
- Assist in assessing career education activities, report learning outcomes, and contribute to the timely and accurate collection of employment data.
- Actively participate in unit activities and events and collaborate with Center staff to achieve goals supporting the Center’s mission.
- Manage recruitment, selection, programming, and assessment for the Business Learning Community
- Provide classroom instruction for the BLC section of BUSN 1101, Introduction to Business & Professional Development
Salary and benefits are competitive; interested individuals should apply online at https://jobs.uncc.edu Search for job #001548. Applicants are subject to background checks.
The University of North Carolina at Charlotte is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and an ADVANCE Institution that strives to create an academic climate in which the dignity of all individuals is respected and maintained. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.