IAM Role Engineer and Business Analyst
- Virginia Tech
- Virginia, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Oct 27, 2022
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Business & Management, Business Administration, Management, Other Business & Management, Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Business & Administrative Support, Computer Services & Information Technology
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The Identity and Access Management (IAM) Role Engineer and Business Analyst reports to the Director of IAM Strategy and Architecture within Secure Identity Services (SIS). The IAM Role Engineer and Business Analyst is responsible for working with stakeholders to capture authorization and role requirements, designing and implementing appropriate access policies and role architectures, and supporting access and provisioning rules and processes. IAM Role Engineer and Business Analyst will also gather requirements for software and IAM feature requests that drive IAM implementations, partnering with test engineers and developers to define behavior driven development feature files, and ensuring the alignment of SIS services with business needs, security and policy controls, and regulatory compliance requirements. IAM Role Engineer and Business Analyst will play a critical role in the implementation and support of access control systems, will provide escalated support and subject matter expertise in support of the Identity Management Customer Support team as well as other customers, and will maintain service, process, and product documentation.
- Bachelor's Degree in IT related field, or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated ability to be a knowledge leader
- Intermediate level experience as a Business Analyst
- Experience working as a business analyst in an agile development environment
- Authorization management and design experience
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills and extensive experience working with business and technology stakeholders
- Intermediate level experience as a Business Analyst in an IAM environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of Identity and Access Management business processes and controls
- Experience working in a BDD/TDD development environment
- Experience with ServiceNow and JIRA
- Basic to Intermediate SQL skills
- Experience with enterprise IAM/IGA systems (e.g. SailPoint, OIM, MidPoint)
- Experience with Directories (LDAP, AD)
- Experience participating in a cross-functional role-modeling exercise with both business and technical users to create roles that accurately reflect the organization's business and corresponding IT access authorizations to fulfill those business needs
- Experience in a TIER II customer service or request fulfillment team
- Experience in a Higher Education environment
$80,000 - $90,000
The successful candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check.
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges , a school of medicine , a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School , and Honors College . The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers . A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or military status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Brittany Kessler at firstname.lastname@example.org during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.
Advertised: October 27, 2022
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert