The Data Scientist Enables comparative analyses, integration of
large complex data sets (across multiple studies and sources), and
mines complex data [to create statistical models, reports /
visualizations, machine learning models, and define predictive
models]. Leverages critical thinking and problem-solving skills to
extract valuable business insights and tells a story with data by
finding relationships, drawing conclusions, and making
recommendations. Conducts lifecycle analysis including requirements
gathering, analytical modeling, and presenting findings. Develops
algorithms to extract and leverage insights from data to optimize
organizational opportunities. Possesses a passion for applying data
and analytics while consistently developing personal and
- Identify insight Use Cases that will help the organization make
better decisions based on smart insights
- Develop machine learning models and advanced analytics
solutions for complex business problems
- Design and build scalable solutions using statistical/ML models
to measure the business impact of cross-channel marketing
- Develop a library of measurement, decision-making, and machine
learning algorithms and tools to enable data-driven decision
- Make appropriate selection, utilization, and interpretation of
advanced analytics methodologies
- Participate in continuous improvement of data science by
developing replicable solutions and well documented models
- Aids the organization to consistently be more data-driven and
seek actionable insights.
- Seek further knowledge on key developments within data science
and related fields
- Provide technical education on advanced analytics to the data
- Developing, deploying and tuning novel unsupervised tree-based
clustering machine learning models in support of this Studies and
- Accurately describe how several classes of algorithms work.
Also, accurately explain exactly how a decision tree works, and be
able to code it from scratch.
- Accurately explain the difference between density based and
- Clearly communicate impacts of the recommended analytics
solution to business partners to drive adoption and
- Lead the scoping, design, development, and deployment of
software solutions and tools on our unique big data platform to
efficiently generate timely and invaluable insights for
- Innovate and/or invent ways to overcome technical limitations
and enable new forms of analyses and methods to drive key technical
and business decisions.
Education & Experience:
- BA/BS degree, Master's degree preferred - in Data Science,
Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Computer Science, or
BA/BS Degree and 5+ years’ experience combination of education and
- 5+ years of work experience in advanced analytics and data
science or combination education and experience
- Proficiency in working with relational databases (SQL)
- Hands-on experience in using object-oriented programming
languages such as Java, C++, Python, or related language
- Hands-on experience in building AI/ML models with web-scale
datasets and deploying these models to production environment
- Experience in owning end-to-end business problems/metrics that
directly impact the company or organization* Expertise in causal
- Strong knowledge in Machine Learning techniques -experience
with AWS ML stack preferred
- Embraces diverse people, thinking and styles
- Strong written, oral communication, and interpersonal
- Strong project management, organizational, and prioritization
- Expert in SQL query writing.
- Experience in Business Intelligence Dashboards and actionable
- Expert in Excel pivot tables and charts.
- Ability to work closely with IT and BI warehouse architect to
develop database structure.
- Work with leadership to create and analyze reports and ad hoc
data requests for decision making.
- Ability to participate as an active team member of the team and
organization and work toward a common goal. Contributes fully to
the team effort and plays an integral part in the smooth running of
teams without necessarily taking the lead.
- Accepts personal accountability, proactively seeks resolution
for personal limitations head-on; and supports honesty and respect
towards others, the company and oneself.
- Actively seeks to influence, build effective relationships, and
gain alignment with peers, functional partners and/or external
partners to accomplish business objectives.
- Working knowledge in deep learning technique/platform
(TensorFlow, Keras) preferred
- Working knowledge of distributed computing platforms
- Working knowledge of API Consumption preferred
National University is committed to maintaining a high-quality,
diverse workforce representative of the populations we serve. As a
network of nonprofit educational institutions, the System employs
more than 3,300 faculty and staff and serves over 41,000 students.
We are united in our mission to meet the global education demands
of the 21st Century and are dedicated to creating a supportive
academic and work environment that allows for students, faculty and
staff to develop their interests and talents while experiencing a
sense of community and a commitment to diversity. With programs
available both online and at our many campus locations, National
University is a leader in creating innovative solutions to
education and meeting the needs of our diverse student population,
including adult learners and working professionals.
National University offers an opportunity to work in an
innovative environment that supports diversity.
National University (NU) is proud to be an equal opportunity
employer and does not unlawfully discriminate against any employee
or applicant for employee per applicable federal, state and local
laws. At NU, a diverse mix of highly talented, innovative and
creative people come together to make the impact of a
lifetime for each of our student learners. All qualified applicants
will receive equal consideration for employment, education, and
admission at National University. We are focused on equality and
believe deeply in diversity of race, color, ancestry, age, family
care status, veteran status, marital status, creed, religion, sex,
gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin,
and other legally protected group status.