- National University
- California, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Oct 28, 2022
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Science, Technology & Mathematics, Statistics, Administrative, Academic Affairs, Instructional Technology & Design (Campus), Business & Administrative Affairs, Computer Services & Information Technology, Technology Administration/Other, Chief Technology & Information Officers
- Employment Type
- Full Time
As a Data Architect, this candidate will be responsible for designing data infrastructure to extract and organize data for authorized individuals to access. They will be responsible for the design, structure, and maintenance of data. The duties include identifying the company’s internal and external data sources, collaborating with department heads to determine their data storage and organizational needs, and using the information to create and maintain data infrastructure for company employees. This role will be required to ensures the accuracy and accessibility of data relevant to an organization or a project while managing and organizing a proficient database design (Concept Maps, ER Diagrams, etc.) and transformation through its lifecycle (SQL, XML, Unstructured data, etc.).
- Identifying installation solutions for new data solutions
- Determining the requirements for new solutions
- Publishing and/or presenting design reports
- Identifying areas for improvement in current systems
- Coordinating with other team members to reach project milestones and deadlines
- Auditing database regularly to maintain quality
- Creating and document systems to keep data secure
- Enforce data security and data privacy
- Design systems to support business enterprise applications and physical data modeling according to project requirements
- Review existing data architectures to determine overall effectiveness and compliance with original objectives, develop comprehensive strategies for improving or replacing under-performing areas
- Model, design, and implement architectural strategies to meet stated requirements for metadata management, operational data stores and ETL/ELT environments
- Improve system performance by conducting tests, troubleshooting, and integrating new elements
- Define data dictionary definitions, governance practices, and standards
- End-to-end data lifecycle management activities, evaluating and recommending new and emerging data management and storage technologies
- Work with business units, functions, and leaders to prioritize business information needs.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required and/or experience in information technology, statistic, mathematics, operations, or finance.
- 5+ years’ experience delivering data centric solutions on warehousing, big data, and cloud platforms
- 3+ years of experience design and tuning a MPP environment
- 3+ years of experience with an Enterprise Reporting Suite (preferred PowerBI, Analysis Services)
- 3+ year of predictive analytics experience – preferably using Azure ML, Python or R.
- 3+ year of data engineering experience - ETL and data management preferably using Azure Data Factory, Azure Databricks or Azure SQL.
- 3+ years of engineering experience using large data systems on T-SQL.
- 3+ years of Big Data Analytics experience - preferably in Azure Synapse Analytics and/or Azure Analysis Services.
- 3+ years of design, implementation, or consulting experience in sales applications or infrastructure.
- 2+ years of AI experience – preferably using Azure cognitive services.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Able to work independently in a fast-paced environment and prioritize assignments.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong executive communication and the ability to deliver clear instruction over digital, written, and live communications.
- Familiar with financials, pipeline, forecast, consumption, and other internal measurement tools
- Proven working experience as a data analyst or business data analyst
- Strong working knowledge of Power BI, DAX, and data modeling. (Understanding of existing Microsoft systems and data sources preferred)
- In-depth technical capabilities in SQL, Machine Learning, and predictive analytics
- Excellent problem-solving skills with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to dive deep into complex technical problems
- Experience on Cloud Computing
- Experience managing large server fleets
- Experience with database systems internals, query optimization, understanding and providing recommendations to customers on their query patterns
- Good understanding of parallel system performance, efficiency and scalability measurement and analysis
- Experience in characterizing, debugging and correcting performance issues in large scale distributed systems.
- Understanding of distributed systems in practice and their limitations
- Experience building and administering production databases
National University is committed to maintaining a high-quality, diverse workforce representative of the populations we serve. As a network of nonprofit educational institutions, the System employs more than 3,300 faculty and staff and serves over 41,000 students. We are united in our mission to meet the global education demands of the 21st Century and are dedicated to creating a supportive academic and work environment that allows for students, faculty and staff to develop their interests and talents while experiencing a sense of community and a commitment to diversity. With programs available both online and at our many campus locations, National University is a leader in creating innovative solutions to education and meeting the needs of our diverse student population, including adult learners and working professionals.
National University offers an opportunity to work in an innovative environment that supports diversity.
National University (NU) is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate against any employee or applicant for employee per applicable federal, state and local laws. At NU, a diverse mix of highly talented, innovative and creative people come together to make the impact of a lifetime for each of our student learners. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment, education, and admission at National University. We are focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, color, ancestry, age, family care status, veteran status, marital status, creed, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, and other legally protected group status.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert