Audio Video Supervisor
- Brown University
- Rhode Island, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Oct 27, 2022
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Arts, Performing Arts, Communications, Digital Media, Film & Video, Media Studies, Administrative, Academic Affairs, Arts Administration
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Brown University is a leading research university distinct for its student-centered learning and deep sense of purpose. Our students, faculty and staff are driven by the idea that their work will have an impact in the world.
Brown University offers a flexible work/life balance; summer hours, winter break and a comprehensive Benefits package including time off, annual paid holidays; benefits offerings including health, dental, vision, tuition assistance, retirement, wellness, employee discounts and more. To learn about Brown University’s benefits, visit the University Human Resources web page here for further information.
About the Opportunity:
Brown University is undergoing a tremendous growth in the arts, with newly appointed leadership for the Brown Arts Institute, and the state of the art, one of a kind Lindemann Performing Arts Center scheduled to open in Fall 2023. Brown seeks to fulfill its ambitious vision for the arts as an integral presence throughout a liberal arts education. We believe the arts are fundamental to critical inquiry into the most important questions facing humanity around the world, and we support artists operating at the highest levels of their craft to inform, and be informed by, scholars in disciplines across the sciences, social sciences, and humanities.
We seek to hire an Audio Video Supervisor who will report to the Director of Design and Production of the Brown Arts Institute (BAI) and be responsible for supporting the artistic vision of directors and designers as it relates to the advancement, budgeting, and realization of audio and video designs for the Lindemann Performing Arts Center and other BAI venues. The AV Supervisor will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of live audio production ( to include live mixing shows and managing a DANTE network) as well as video production (to include video media servers and playback devices).
An experienced, creative, and collaborative Audio Video Supervisor will play a pivotal role in the future success of the Brown Arts Institute. The Audio Video Supervisor must enjoy collegial, collaborative relationships with the BAI Leadership Team, as well as its subordinate division leads. In addition to working with artists, the Audio Video Supervisor will work closely with producers, curators, creative team, Lindemann staff supervisors, students, faculty, and technicians to oversee the technical production process in their area of expertise. Open lines of communication are of the utmost importance, as the BAI programs are vast, complex, and often politically sensitive.
A flexible schedule, including evening and weekend work, is a requirement.
Education and Experience:
- Required: BA or BFA, or equivalent combination of education and
- Preferred: BA or BFA in technical theater or related
- ETCP Certified Electrician. Certification may be obtained
during the first year of employment
- 5+ years audio/video experience in a theatrical capacity, in
either an academic or professional setting
- 2-4 years of supervisory experience
- Prior experience with Ambisonic Audio systems is highly
- Proven AV skills in performance-based disciplines, theater,
dance, opera, music including pop music technology
- Extensive experience in CAD drafting using Vectorworks
- Familiarity with d&b speaker cabinets and Yamaha mixing
- Strong Skill in managing DANTE audio networks
- Strong Skill in line array speakers include alternate
- Strong skills in Q Lab and other playback systems
- Skills in use of Media Servers
- Ability to work at height including being on lifts and
- Broad skill-set including experience in audio, video, lighting,
and signal routing
- Familiarity with ambisonic audio systems
- Demonstrated competencies in professional artistic practice to
appropriately communicate with a wide array of creative
professionals (including faculty, visiting artists, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to support a community of diverse
perspectives and cultures in an inclusive environment
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Ability to think strategically, with an eye to long-term
- Proven verbal and written communication skills and a flexible
style to successfully accommodate a broad range of individuals and
A pplicants are asked to include a resume and cover letter.
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
Recruiting Start Date:
Job Posting Title:
Audio Video Supervisor
Brown Arts Institute
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
In order to maintain 90% or greater universal vaccination rates on campus, all newly hired employees at Brown University must receive the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine before they begin work, unless they are approved for a medical or religious exemption. All employees must also receive a COVID-19 booster within thirty (30) days of becoming eligible. For more information, please visit the Healthy Brown site.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
As an EEO/AA employer, Brown University provides equal opportunity and prohibits discrimination, harassment and retaliation based upon a person’s race, color, religion, sex, age, national or ethnic origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law, and caste, which is protected by our University policies.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert