The Department of Human Performance Studies is seeking candidates to fill a nine-month, full-time, Athletic Training faculty position. The selected candidate for this position will teach undergraduate and graduate courses required in athletic training, and provide service to the university, college, department, community and profession.
1. Current National Athletic Training Association (NATA) certification as an athletic trainer.
2. Minimum of three years certified athletic training experience.
3. Evidence of successful university teaching experience.
4. Administrative/leadership experience.
5. Knowledge of CAATE accreditation process.
6. Kansas Board of Healing Arts Athletic Training License or Eligible
7. Skill in the use of emerging educational technologies.
8. Evidence of excellent written and oral communication skills.
9. Evidence of the ability to effectively interact with people of diverse backgrounds.
1. Teach undergraduate and graduate courses required in exercise science and athletic training.
2. Establish and conduct a scholarly line of research.
3. Assist in coordination and administering the CAATE accreditation process for the ATP.
4. Serve as the liaison between Wichita State University's ATP and local high schools, local professional sports teams, sports medicine and physical therapy clinics, and other athletic training clinical sites.
5. Serve on department, college and university committees, and provide service to the profession and community.
Starting date is January 9, 2023.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and expertise.
Please access the College of Applied Studies web page at: https://jobs.wichita.edu/postings/27241 for details on the position and to learn more about the WSU College of Applied Studies.
Application Procedure: For full consideration, applicants must submit an on-line application at the web page above and include a letter of application describing abilities to meet required qualifications and interest in the position; and your CV, letter of interest and 3 references. Review of applications will begin immediately, but to ensure full consideration, complete applications must be received by 5:00 p.m., November 25, 2022. Applications will be considered until position is filled.
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a satisfactory criminal background check as required by Board of Regents policy.
Wichita State University does not discriminate in its programs and activities on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, political affiliation, status as a veteran, genetic information or disability. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies: Executive Director, Office of Equal Employment Opportunity, Wichita State University, 1845 Fairmount, Wichita, KS 67260-0138; telephone (316) 978-3186.