The Division of Comparative Medicine and Laboratory Animal
Facilities ( CMLAF ) at the State University of New York at Buffalo
is seeking applicants for the position of Animal Facility Manager.
CMLAF supports multi-disciplinary biomedical research in ~150,000
sf of AAALAC accredited facilities, at 7 locations, on three
campuses, and houses a wide variety of species both large/farm
animal and small. The program includes Barrier/ SPF rodent units as
well as both ABSL -2 and 3 facilities. The Animal Facility Manager
will report to the Director and supervise 20 animal care staff and
a building tradesman. The CMLAF is supported by three
Veterinarians, and 5 veterinary technicians.
The Animal Facility Manager will be responsible for overseeing the
operation, husbandry, sanitation, and building/equipment
maintenance for the entire facility. Duties will include:
Outstanding Benefits Package
- Development and implementation of policies, provision of
training, record development and maintenance
- Organization of work schedules, coordination of
repairs/renovations, and assurance of compliance with all
- The qualified candidate will have a thorough knowledge of all
regulations ( USDA - AWA, The Guide, PHS, OSHA, CDC, Medical Waste
Tracking Act etc), bio-containment and barrier practices, rodent
breeding programs, and sanitation practices.
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There
are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement
plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy
mix of work, personal and academic pursuit – all in an effort to
support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to
learn about our
The University at Buffalo is SUNY’s most comprehensive public
research university, and an outstanding place to work. UB amplifies
ambition for faculty and staff by offering endless possibilities to
achieve more. Here, people from all backgrounds and cultures
challenge and inspire each other to discover, learn and succeed.
Dedicated staff and engaged faculty collaborate to further
knowledge and understanding, and develop tenacious graduates who
are valued for their talents and their impact on global society.
Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity
employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply
including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in animal or biological science.
- Current AALAS CMAR certification or willingness to complete
CMAR post hire.
- AALAS ( CALAS ) certification at LATG level.
- Minimum of 3 years of lab animal experience in a
- Excellent interpersonal skills, good oral and written
communication skills, proficiency in computer programs ( WORD,
- Experience with animal facility management software.
- Ability to drive to outlying locations, and ability to respond
to after-hour emergency calls.
- Strong organizational skills, a team focused approach, and
strong customer service skills are a must.
- Advanced degrees in veterinary science ( AHT ) are
For more information, click the "How to Apply" button.