The University of Maryland Alumni Association seeks an Accountant
to perform complex general ledger and financial reporting processes
within the accounts payable, accounts receivable, banking and event
operations functions using MIP software. This person will
work directly with the Senior Director of Business Operations. The
Accountant provides advanced accounting services including
completing account reconciliations within full cycle accounting and
supports month-end and year-end closing processes.
Responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Assist in financial statements analysis and notes.
- Prepare and record asset, liability, revenue, and expense
transactions into MIP.
- Process and maintain all A/R invoicing and cash receipts
- Prepare monthly bank account and general ledger
- Process all A/P and vendor payments (full cycle) in a timely
- Prepare and submit annual Forms 1099.
- Provide support to the Business Operations Department with the
preparation and submission of the annual IRS Form 990 and
990N E-postcard submission for Alumni Networks.
- Participate in all facets of the monthly, quarterly, and annual
adjusting and closing process.
- Participate in the completion of the Prepared-by-Client audit
requirement list (PBC)
- Ensure excellent customer service by providing timely and
accurate information to stakeholders as always needed and in a
(include licenses, certifications,
Bachelor’s degree required.
At least five years of full-time
professional experience in accounting and/or finance with
demonstrated progressive professional growth. Candidates must
also have experience using automated accounting and office programs
such as MIP, Financial Edge, Raiser’s Edge, QuickBooks, or
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Superior analytical, problem-solving and reconciliation
- Proven ability to be a team player, self-starter, and motivated
in performing the duties and responsibilities of the job and the
goals of the Finance Department
- Thorough understanding of GAAP (FASB/SFAS)
- Excellent organizational and customer service skills
- Proficiency in Google Suite, Microsoft Office Suite (Excel,
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with competing priorities