Executive Assistant to the Associate Provost
Reports To and Evaluated by
Associate’s degree, three or years of clerical experience, and
knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, and databases. Must be
able to work independently, meet multiple deadlines, perform duties
with a high degree of accuracy and detail, and demonstrate
excellent skills in communication, technology, and organization. Be
able to work with confidential information with discretion.
Must be able to demonstrate the Morton College core values of
compassion, fairness, respect, responsibility, tolerance and
A bachelor’s degree, ability to communicate in English and Spanish,
and academic or student service experience is strongly
The Executive Assistant to the Associate Provost coordinates
operational procedures for the Office of the Associate Provost. The
Executive Assistant to the Associate Provost organizes and
coordinates work projects, compiles reports, organizes special
events, and supports full-time and part-time faculty. The position
offers clerical support for academic policies and procedures, and
especially those related to accreditation, assessment, curriculum,
academic standards, budget processes, tenure, faculty development,
and external agencies. The position often communicates
confidentially with varied stakeholders within the College. The
work schedule of the Executive Assistant to the Associate Provost’s
may be adjusted to include other days and times to meet changing
needs during the year.
Specific Job Duties
- Maintain the schedule and calendar of the Associate
- Complete routine and complex word processing and administrative
duties such as preparing confidential correspondence, reports, and
- Coordinate special events and special projects, including ones
related to faculty development and faculty evaluation.
- Perform day-to-day operational, customer service, or clerical
tasks in the division.
- Provide clerical support for the sensitive or confidential
process of hiring, orienting, evaluating and supporting full-time
and part-time faculty.
- Assist the Associate Provost with budget and grant
- Help to coordinate and prioritize the work of clerical staff
related in the Office of the Associate Provost.
- Develop and maintain procedures and processes for the Office of
the Associate Provost.
- Serve as staff to (and take minutes for) varied academic
committees, including the Curriculum, Academic Standards, and
- Assist the Associate Provost in resolving urgent and
confidential and student complaints.
- Participate as a member of a divisional academic team composed
of the Associate Provost, Associate Dean of Arts and Sciences,
Associate Dean of Academic Services, Associate Dean of the Learning
Resource Center, Scheduler, and others.
- Maintain division web pages.
- Train faculty on the use of Curricunet.
- Provide clerical support related to assessment, curriculum,
budgeting, program level accreditation, and external agencies such
as IAI and the ICCB .
- Support the Office of the Associate Provost’s International
Education recruitment initiatives.
- Assist the Scheduling Coordinator with room reservations,
payroll operations, or course scheduling.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Associate Provost.
Desired Start Date
Position End Date (if temporary)
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you learn about this employment opportunity?
- Morton 'careers' website
- Internal posting
- Inside Higher Ed
- Higher Ed jobs
- newspaper/trade journal
- * What is the highest degree completed?
- H.S. Diploma
- * How many years of experience do you possess?
- Less than 1 year
- 1 to 3 years
- 3 to 5 years
- 5 to 7 years
- More than 7 years
- Cover Letter
- Letters of Recommendation
- Curriculum Vitae
- Specialized Certifications