Open-Rank Tenured/Tenure-Track Faculty, Neuroscience Department of Biomedical Sciences (CMSRU)
- Rowan University
- New Jersey, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Oct 25, 2022
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Health & Medicine, Medicine, Other Health & Medicine, Pharmacology, Science, Technology & Mathematics, Biology & Life Sciences, Biotechnology & Bioengineering
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The Department of Biomedical Sciences of Cooper Medical School of Rowan University (CMSRU) invites applicants for a full-time, 12-month, tenure-track or tenured position at the assistant, associate or full professor level in the area of neuroscience. A major responsibility of this position will entail teaching human neuroanatomy to first- and second-year medical students in an integrated curriculum. The candidate will also be expected to develop and maintain an externally funded, sustainable program of independent research in the candidate’s area of interest. Additional academic responsibilities will include advising and mentoring students in the development of scholarly projects; assessing, reviewing, and evaluating student educational activities and progress; and serving on university and departmental committees.
Start-up funds and competitive salary are offered.
- Ph.D. degree in neuroscience or related discipline from an accredited institution
- Post-doctoral experience
- Record of scholarly activity including peer-reviewed publications commensurate with career stage
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Experience teaching neuroanatomy in a medical school setting
- Experience with clinical case-based, team-based, and self-directed active learning methodologies in medical school curricula
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team of multidisciplinary faculty
Our goal is the advancement of learning and knowledge through multidisciplinary scholarship, and innovative delivery of the basic science curriculum for medical and graduate students. Teaching formats at CMSRU include lecture, small-group active learning sessions and practical application sessions. We as a department are committed to academic excellence, diversity, equity, and inclusion among our faculty, staff, and students.
CMSRU is the only four-year M.D. degree-granting medical school in southern New Jersey. Our medical education building is located in Camden, NJ, close to Philadelphia, in the heart of the Cooper Health Sciences Campus. More information on CMSRU can be found at https://cmsru.rowan.edu/ .
CMSRU is part of Rowan University, a Carnegie-classified Doctoral University with approximately 23,000 students. Rowan has been recognized as one of the top 100 public universities in the nation and is ranked 3rd among public institutions in the North by U.S. News & World Report. More information on CMSRU can be found at https://www.rowan.edu/ .
How to Apply
Interested applicants should apply online at Rowan University’s Career Site ( https://jobs.rowan.edu/en-us/listing/ ) and complete the online application and include the following:
- Cover letter
- Current curriculum vitae
- Statement of teaching philosophy
- Statement of scholarly/research interests including future research goals and plans for obtaining external funding to achieve those goals
- Names and contact information of three references from whom the applicant has requested letters of support
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US.
Rowan University values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment. For the complete Rowan University non-discrimination and affirmative action policy see: https://sites.rowan.edu/equity/_docs/policies/eeo-statement.pdf
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert