Open Rank Lecturer, Human Gross Anatomy - Department of Biomedical Sciences (CMSRU)
- Rowan University
- New Jersey, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Oct 25, 2022
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Health & Medicine, Medicine, Other Health & Medicine, Pharmacology, Science, Technology & Mathematics, Biology & Life Sciences, Biotechnology & Bioengineering
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The Department of Biomedical Sciences at Cooper Medical School of Rowan University (CMSRU) invites applicants for a full-time, 12-month, non-tenure-track lecturer position at the lecturer/senior lecturer/master lecturer level to contribute to the instructional offerings in human gross anatomy. This position will entail teaching gross anatomy to first- and second-year medical students in an in tegrated curriculum. Teaching formats at CMSRU include lecture, small-group active learning, and cadaveric dissection laboratory sessions. Additional academic responsibilities will include preparation of demonstration prosections; advising and mentoring students in the development of scholarly projects; assessing, reviewing, and evaluating student educational activities and progress; serving on university and departmental committees; and contributing to anatomical teaching in the summer programs. Competitive salary, renewable contract and benefits are offered.
- Ph.D., M.D., D.O. or equivalent terminal degree in biomedical sciences or a related field from an accredited institution
- Minimum two years teaching experience in human gross anatomy in a medical, dental, and/or allied health professional school
- Minimum two years of cadaveric dissection experience in a medical, dental, and/or allied health professional school
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Teaching histology in a medical, dental and/or allied health professional school
- Experience with small group teaching (TBL, PBL, Clinical Case-Based Learning)
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team of multidisciplinary faculty
CMSRU is the only four-year M.D. degree-granting medical school in southern New Jersey. Our medical education building is located in Camden, NJ, close to Philadelphia, in the heart of the Cooper Health Sciences Campus. More information on CMSRU can be found at https://cmsru.rowan.edu/ .
CMSRU is part of Rowan University, a Carnegie-classified Doctoral University with approximately 23,000 students. Rowan has been recognized as one of the top 100 public universities in the nation and is ranked 3rd among public institutions in the North by U.S. News & World Report. More information on CMSRU can be found at https://www.rowan.edu/ .
How to Apply
Interested applicants should apply online at Rowan University’s Career Site ( https://jobs.rowan.edu/en-us/listing/ ) and complete the online application and include the following:
- Cover letter
- Current curriculum vitae
- Statement of teaching philosophy
- Names and contact information of three references from whom the applicant has requested letters of support
Rowan University values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment. For the complete Rowan University non-discrimination and affirmative action policy see: https://sites.rowan.edu/equity/_docs/policies/eeo-statement.pdf
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US, and the university will not sponsor an applicant for a work visa for this position.
Advertised: Oct 25 2022 Eastern Daylight Time
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert