Position Title: Technical Services and Collections Librarian | Assistant Professor, Tenure Track
Immediate Supervisor: Director of Library Services
Education: MLS, MSLS, or MIS degree from an ALA accredited program.
Reporting to the Director of Library Services, the Technical Services and Collections Librarian provides leadership for the technical services department, acts as systems administrator for the library’s integrated library system (Alma/Primo), coordinates collection management, and provides instruction, research assistance, and liaison support to the Comparative Cultures Collegium (CCU).
- Lead the library’s technical services department; supervising, training, and evaluating the acquisitions and technical services assistants. Review and enforce policies and procedures related to technical services, acquisitions, and cataloging.
- Manage and support the operation of the library’s Integrated Library System (ILS), Ex Libris Alma, including oversight of statistical data collection troubleshooting problems relating to records, access, and functionality related to the Integrated Library System (ILS) and OCLC.
- Serve as library liaison and an active member of the Comparative Cultures Collegium (CCU. Coordinate collection management. Monitor the library’s general/reference materials budget to ensure distribution of resources equally across the curriculum. Select materials for the general library collection. Provide research assistance. Create and maintain online research guides in support of corresponding learning outcomes in liaison disciplines.
Faculty and Community:
- Participate in the library instruction program by teaching information literacy to CCU and other disciplines as needed. Participate in the faculty governance structure by serving on various campus committees. Teach in the college’s general education program on a rotational basis. Maintain currency, nourish professional growth, and contribute to advancing the reputation of the college by actively participating in professional library organizations, publishing endeavors, and/or other library related research activities. Encourage and promote cooperation amongst area libraries by developing good working relationships with other local libraries/librarians.
Position Directly Supervises
- Acquisitions Coordinator Technical Services Assistant
- Previous experience working with integrated library systems (preferably Ex Libris Alma/Primo) is required. Cataloging experience is preferred with OCLC, MARCedit, and knowledge of the RDA cataloging standard. Prior experience in a supervisory role is preferred. Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to work on a team. Strong technological skills, including proficiency in Google Apps for Education, Microsoft Office Suite, Ex Libris.
Education and Experience:
- MLS or equivalent degree from an ALA-accredited institution. Minimum of 1-3 years professional experience in an academic library. Academic background in Anthropology, Area Studies, World Languages, or International Business preferred.
Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Submit a letter of application, vita, graduate transcripts, statement on teaching as a librarian, and contact information for three references to https://eckerd.hirecentric.com/jobs/. Applications must be completed by January 27, 2023. Inquiries may be sent to Lisa N. Johnston, Director of Library Services. firstname.lastname@example.org.
Employment will require a successful background check. Eckerd College is committed to fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student body, and an inclusive campus community. Eckerd is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Eckerd College is especially interested in attracting candidates from historically underrepresented groups.