About Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University:
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University is an independent, culturally
diverse institution providing quality education and research in
aviation, aerospace, engineering, and other related fields with
residential campuses located in Daytona Beach, Florida, and
Prescott, Arizona. The University's Worldwide campus provides
educational opportunities online and at approximately 130 locations
throughout the United States, Asia, Europe, and Central/South
As the largest and most comprehensive aviation and
aerospace-focused university in the world, Embry-Riddle is a unique
institution. Over the past 90 years, the University has evolved
with industry to break new ground and produce top-level graduates
who serve the ever-changing needs of aviation and aerospace, and
other STEM-related disciplines. Embry-Riddle offers programs in
seven primary fields of study including: Applied Science; Aviation;
Business; Computers and Technology; Engineering; Safety, Security,
and Intelligence; and Space.
For Academic Year 2020-21, there were over 10,700 undergraduate,
graduate, and doctoral students that attended the University's
residential campuses and approximately 32,700 students in total
enrolled with the University around the world.
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University is seeking a Support
Specialist to join the Information Technology department in
Prescott, Arizona. The Support Specialist provides technical
support for computers, peripherals, tablets and web conferencing
systems for faculty, staff, and students at the Prescott campus.
This position is responsible for troubleshooting and providing
resolutions for basic and complex computing and system issues. This
includes researching and recommending solutions to meet the
technology needs of faculty, staff, and students and driving the
adoption of new technology and solutions. The position will require
direct interaction with customers.
The ideal candidate desires to be a part of a vibrant community of
information technology professionals and supports the mission of
the University as a world leader in aviation and aerospace
education. Embry-Riddle provides education globally and maintains a
diverse technology footprint. Working for Embry-Riddle Information
Technology provides a modern and collaborative work environment and
professional development opportunities. Employees have access to a
robust benefits package – from quality health care and retirement
options to generous education benefits and a flexible summer work
ERAU benefits include:
- Retirement Plan - ERAU offers immediate vesting and provides a
6% gift and will match up to 4% of employee contributions
- Two BCBS health plans – PPO and high deductible plan with a
health savings account
- Tuition waivers for employees, spouses, and dependent
- Use of various campus services: fitness center, library,
mailroom and enjoy observation flights
Required skills, knowledge, abilities:
- High School (or GED) level ability in spelling, grammar, basic
composition and math.
- Bachelor's degree preferred in a related field, but relevant
work experience can be used in lieu of.
- Minimum of one to three years work related experience.
- Knowledge of desktop operating systems such as Windows 10 and
macOS. Exposure to Linux is desirable.
- Experience with mobile systems such as iOS and Android is
- Possess basic networking knowledge such as DHCP, TCP/IP,
- Experience in supporting Microsoft Office Suites.
- Exposure in supporting web conferencing systems such as
Microsoft Teams and Zoom.
- Exposure in academic software support is a plus.
- Fast learner. Strong critical thinking and problem-solving
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Ability to interact with audiences from a diverse
- Ability prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Maintain positive and professional outlook at all times.
Ability to maintain composure under pressure.
- Great interpersonal skills. Ability to work in a team
- Work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to support IT Core Values by focusing on improvements
and believes in our team and partners throughout the university,
learning from mistakes, being accountable for actions and showing
determination, focus, and tenacity.
- Comprehend and follow instructions: maintain attention and
concentration for necessary periods; apply common sense and
understanding and carry out instructions (written, oral, or
- Maintain work pace appropriate to general workload: perform
activities on schedule; maintain regular attendance/punctuality,
within specified tolerance; complete normal workday and/or week,
perform at a consistent pace without excessive rest periods.
- Perform several tasks at the same time: synthesize, coordinate,
analyze, and act upon data in an appropriate manner.
- Consistently relate to other people beyond giving and receiving
instructions: interact with co-workers or peers without exhibiting
behavioral extremes; respond appropriately to constructive
criticism from a supervisor; perform work activities requiring
negotiating, instructing, supervising, persuading, or speaking with
- Make generalizations, evaluations, or appropriate decisions
without constant, immediate supervision: recognize potential
hazards and observe appropriate precautions; understand and
remember detailed instructions, and make independent decisions or
judgments based on sensory data or known guidelines.