***Posting Extension – Previous Applicants Need Not
Open until filled
Assistant Director, Buildings and Systems
- Under direct supervision, assists in the repair and maintenance
of assigned areas primarily for electrical systems.
- Install conduit, branch circuit, and main feeder conductors
VFDs, motor starters, motors, and transformers as well
troubleshooting and repair of electrical circuits, switches,
motors, and other electrical equipment in 120/208, 120/240 &
277/480 voltage applications utilizing lock-out/tag-out
- Safely utilizes department equipment such as hand tools,
meters, scissor lifts, boom lifts, ladders, and scaffolding while
repairing or performed preventative maintenance on electrical
equipment, lighting, panels and distribution systems.
- Interprets verbal instructions, plans, diagrams, blueprints,
manuals, schematics, product instructions, and codes to layout,
install, or estimate materials needed.
- Assists with the repairs and maintenance of electrical,
mechanical/plumbing systems or fixtures, or equipment as well as
grounds equipment and automotive repair.
- Performs minor carpentry and painting work in the repair
construction/renovation of facilities, furniture, and fixtures.
Performs minor landscape construction and grounds maintenance.
- Assists in the selection of tools and equipment to perform
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 5 years’ verifiable employment experience in industrial or
commercial environment as an electrician
- Trade School/Apprenticeship Certificate
- Valid Motor Vehicle License
- NJ Qualified Journeyman Electrician or NJ Licensed
- Thorough knowledge and field experience of electrical theory,
methods and materials
- Ability to lift and move heavy equipment and materials
First Shift: 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Monday - Friday
Any Middlesex College employee hired after September 1, 2011
will have to meet the New Jersey residency law