Georgia Tech Professional Education
Academic Program Director for Coding, Cybersecurity, Analytics and UX/UI
Georgia Tech Professional Education is seeking an outstanding individual with exceptional academic, strategic and interpersonal skills to join the Professional Education team as Academic Program Director. In this position we seek subject matter expertise in the areas of Coding, Analytics, Cyber Security, or UX/UI (user experience design / interface design).
The Academic Program Director will hold a faculty non-tenure track position to provide instruction and to work with other Georgia Tech faculty to develop new courses that meet learner and employer demand. Expectations of the Academic Program Director include developing, growing, and expanding impactful, and sustainable programs in collaboration with partners across Georgia Tech and in collaboration with other GTPE departments. The position will support a variety of professional development and training activities and collaborate with instructors inside as well as outside of Georgia Tech maintaining quality training and professional development programs and activities.
The Georgia Institute of Technology is one of the nation's leading research universities, providing a focused, technologically based education to more than 30,000 undergraduate and graduate students. Georgia Tech has many nationally recognized programs, all top-ranked by peers and publications alike, and is ranked in the nation's top ten public universities by U.S. News and World Report. It offers degrees through the Colleges of Architecture, Computing, Engineering, Sciences, the Scheller College of Business, and the Ivan Allen College of Liberal Arts. As a leading technological university, Georgia Tech has more than 100 interdisciplinary research centers that consistently contribute vital research and innovation to America's government, industry and business.
Georgia Tech Professional Education (GTPE) is an academic division of Georgia Tech (http://www.pe.gatech.edu). Providing professional and continuing education for more than a century and learning at a distance for more than 40 years, we enable working professionals and industry partners to access the expertise of a world-renowned research university. We offer professional development courses, certificate programs, and master’s degrees to career-focused adults in STEM and business fields worldwide. Our programs are designed to position professionals to deliver immediate workplace impact using knowledge and skills learned from Georgia Tech’s faculty experts and each other. Learners can also take Georgia Tech’s Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs), which are produced by GTPE. We deliver programs in a variety of formats including face-to-face, online, hybrid and at corporate sites, to suit the diverse needs of working professionals. GTPE also administers K-12 outreach and English as a Second Language (ESL) programs and manages learning-centered meeting and conference facilities in Atlanta and Savannah.
The individual filling this position will report to the Associate Dean of Academic Affairs. Core hours will be an average of 40 hours per week and some travel will be required. The percentage of time estimated for the position is approximately 55% teaching and 45% administrative and service.
The position will be compensated from professional development course revenue with the goal of the revenue, including sponsored training activities, exceeding the program costs. Successful candidate will support GTPE through these and other responsibilities as assigned by the Associate Dean.
We seek individuals with:
- Detailed knowledge of and extensive experience in the field of computing, analytics, cybersecurity, or UX/UI.
- Detailed knowledge of and experience working with industry/government to create and/or expand existing educational and training programs.
- A commitment to working collaboratively
- Experience educating in both course material preparation and course delivery, face-to-face and online.
- An active interest in lifetime education, learning and development for a diverse professional community.
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to prioritize and complete simultaneous projects with minimal to no supervision.
- Experience working independently as well as within cross-functional teams in a collaborative, professional environment.
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- An ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Enthusiasm and dedication to the development of professional services, training and development.
- Sound professional judgment.
- Proven track record of an entrepreneurial spirit or proven track record of expanding existing programs and creating new programs in professional education or higher education, while managing budget.
- A Master’s or doctorate degree in the field or in a closely associated field is preferred.
The Georgia Institute of Technology is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.