Albany State University is a fully accredited senior unit of the
University System of Georgia. Employees receive benefits provided
by the University System of Georgia, including, but not limited to,
medical and major medical insurance, group life insurance,
participation in the Georgia Teachers' Retirement System, Optional
Retirement Plan (Faculty and exempt employees only), Social
Security and Tuition Assistance Program after six months of
Our West Campus is located at 2400 Gillionville Road, Albany, GA
31707. Our East Campus is located at 504 College Drive, Albany, GA
31705. The Human Resources office for both campuses is located on
the West Campus in Building K, Suite 111.
Provides general supervision in laboratory and clinical instruction
to students in the Dental Hygiene Program.
- Evaluates medical/dental histories and requests medical
consultation if needed, guiding the dental hygiene student in
completion of referral forms.
- Provides written prescriptions for patient medications for
pre-and post procedures, and for radiographs, diagnostic study
models, pit and fissure sealant, fluoride varnishes, and in the
dispensing of chemotherapeutic agents.
- Diagnoses dental disease from radiographs and by completing
oral examinations and screenings on clinic patients.
- Provides dental anesthesia for periodontal patients as needed
in clinic. Refers patients to local dental providers when
restorative or surgical treatment as needed.
- Diagnoses the need and supervises the placement of dental
- Supervises the taking of alginate impressions on clinic
- Demonstrates the use of appropriate teaching techniques; any
record-keeping required; effective use of oral and written
communication skills; and knowledge of current in-field
- Follows approved course syllabus. Attend/complete all
professional development training.
- Maintain qualification for employment as described by the
University System of Georgia Policy Manual and accreditation
- Follows rules and regulations
- Documented graduate of a dental education program accredited by
the Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA)
- Documented current and valid Doctorate of Dental Surgery (DDS)
or Doctorate of Dental Medicine (DMD) license for the state of
Georgia. License must be in good standing.
- Documented other certifications as required by the state of
Georgia to be licensed to include CPD, DEA, etc.
Position will be on the ASU West Campus/Darton College of Health
Professions, anticipated work schedule of up to 19 hours per week
during the academic term. The Salary will be $50 per hour.
Required Documents to Attach
- Official transcripts from all universities and/or colleges at
which a degree and any additional certificates were earned.
- Curriculum Vitae (Resume)
- Three Professional References
For more information or questions about a job posting, please
contact the Office of Human Recourses at (229) 500-2026, or by
email at firstname.lastname@example.org. For technical support, please call
OneUSG Connect Support at (877) 251.2644, or by email at
Equal Employment Opportunity
Albany State University is an equal employment, equal access, and
equal educational opportunity and affirmative action institution.
It is the policy our institution to recruit, hire, train, promote
and educate persons without regard to race, color, national or
ethnical origin, age, disability, gender, religion, sexual
orientation, gender identity or veteran status as required by
applicable state and federal laws (including Title VI, Title VII,
Title IX, Sections 503, and 504, AREA, ADA, E.O. 11246, and Rev.
Proc. 75-50). Albany State University is an Affirmative
Action/Equal Opportunity Institution. For questions or more
detailed information regarding this policy please contact the
Albany State University Office of Human Resources at (229)
500-2026. Individuals requiring disability related accommodations
for participation in any event or to obtain print materials in an
alternative format, please contact the Disability Resource Center