Library Operations Support Coordinator
- San Jose State University
- California, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Oct 24, 2022
The SJSU Library’s Operations Support Coordinator (LOSC) is a core member of the University Library’s operations group. The LOSC reports to the University Library’s Director of Operations & Administrative Services.
The Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Library is a unique collaboration between San José State University and the City of San José. The LOSC works collegially and cooperatively with employees of King Library to perform duties under general supervision, but works independently to achieve specified outcomes. This position is responsible for providing administrative support on behalf of the University. The incumbent in this position works closely with the Administrative Team of the University Library to provide administrative support to managers, staff, and faculty, and communicates with members of the San José Public Library (SJPL).
This is a staff position and requires that the staff member handle confidential information. The LOSC is responsible for communicating accurate information, and providing assistance for colleagues by serving as a key contact for operational support to address building related issues, and other areas of operations which include HR & Finance.
- Coordinates and oversees all shipping & receiving activities for the University Library
- Processes and tracks work orders, key/card requests, and workspace allocation for King Library
- Assists with health and safety response and emergency preparedness, including maintaining emergency contact lists, serving on the Building Emergency Team, and coordinating trainings
- Prepares, processes, and tracks purchase requests, including office supplies and health and safety supplies, and maintains documentation for reconciliation
- Manages service vendor accounts, including account maintenance, service schedule, and reconciliation of monthly statements
- Supports employee recruitments, including the student-assistant recruitment process
- Assists with the onboarding and offboarding of all University Library employees
- Updates operating manuals and intranet sites for the work unit; schedules unit meetings and activities
- Communicates and participates as part of a team
- Demonstrated knowledge of English grammar, business writing, punctuation and spelling
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to understand, interpret and uphold university and CSU policies as related to facilities, finance, human resources, procurement, travel, operating budgets, and health and safety
- Working knowledge of software applications: Microsoft Office, Google Suite, Internet, Zoom, PeopleSoft/CMS
- Ability to anticipate problems and address them proactively
- Demonstrated ability to follow work lead directions, in addition to being able to work independently, exercise sound judgment, and make constructive recommendations
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and appropriately handle sensitive communications
- Ability to learn and apply a variety of library, state, federal, CSU, SJSU, and City of San José policies and procedures
- Ability to perform accurately in a detail-oriented environment, handle multiple work priorities, and organize and plan work and projects
- Ability to be proactive, flexible, and adapt quickly to new assignments and work under pressure
- A bachelor's degree and/or equivalent training
- Two years of administrative work experience involving study, analysis, and/or evaluation leading to the development or improvement of administrative policies, procedures, practices, or programs.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree
- Three (3) years of progressively responsible administrative work experience
- Experience working in a higher education environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with PeopleSoft, Microsoft Office, Google suite, calendaring, Zoom, and DocuSign
Classification: Administrative Analyst/Specialist – Exempt I
Anticipated Hiring Range: Up to $5,883/month
CSU Salary Range: $4,170/month - $7,545/month
San José State University offers employees a comprehensive benefits package typically worth 30-35% of your base salary. For more information on programs available, please see the Employee Benefits Summary .
Click Apply Now to complete the SJSU Online Employment Application and attach the following documents:
- Letter of Interest
CSU Vaccination Policy
The CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus (including all booster doses of an approved vaccine for which an individual is eligible per current CDC recommendations) or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. As a condition of employment, any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement as well as with other safety measures established on the campus. The system wide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/ and questions may be sent to email@example.com .
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. SJSU will issue a contingent offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was offered the position on a contingent basis.
The standard background check includes: criminal check, employment and education verification. Depending on the position, a motor vehicle and/or credit check may be required. All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate Background. Some positions may also require fingerprinting. SJSU will pay all costs associated with this procedure. Evidence of required degree(s) or certification(s) will be required at time of hire.
SJSU IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (e.g. H1-B VISAS)
All San José State University employees are considered mandated reporters under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and are required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment. Incumbent is also required to promptly report any knowledge of a possible Title IX related incident to the Title IX Office or report any discrimination, harassment, and/or retaliation to the Office of Equal Opportunity.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act and Campus Housing Fire Safety Notification:
Pursuant to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the Annual Security Report (ASR) is also now available for viewing at https://www.sjsu.edu/clery/docs/SJSU-Annual-Security-Report.pdf. The ASR contains the current security and safety-related policy statements, emergency preparedness and evacuation information, crime prevention and Sexual Assault prevention information, and information about drug and alcohol prevention programming. The ASR also contains statistics of Clery crimes for San José State University locations for the three most recent calendar years. A paper copy of the ASR is available upon request by contacting the Office of the Clery Director by phone at 408-924-1501 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Pursuant to the Higher Education Opportunity Act, the Annual Fire Safety Report (AFSR) is also available for viewing at https://www.sjsu.edu/clery/docs/SJSU-Annual-Fire-Safety-Report.pdf . The purpose of this report is to disclose statistics for fires that occurred within SJSU on-campus housing facilities for the three most recent calendar years, and to distribute fire safety policies and procedures intended to promote safety on Campus. A paper copy of the AFSR is available upon request by contacting the Housing Office by phone at 408-795-5600 or by email at email@example.com .
Equal Employment Statement
San José State University (SJSU) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, gender, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, race, religion or lack thereof, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, or protected veteran status consistent with applicable federal and state laws. This policy applies to all SJSU students, faculty and staff programs and activities. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, and certain other federal and state laws, prohibit discrimination on the basis of sex in all education programs and activities operated by the university (both on and off campus).
Advertised: October 24, 2022 (9:00 AM) Pacific Daylight Time
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert