Laboratory Coordinator I
Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi
S&E - Physical & Environmental Sciences
Proposed Minimum Salary
Corpus Christi, Texas
TAMU-CC is a dynamic university designated as both a
Hispanic-Serving Institution (HSI) and Minority-Serving Institution
(MSI) with approximately 11,000 students from 47 states and 54
foreign nations. We employ over 1,400 full-time and 2,000 part-time
Islanders (including students/GAs). The University attracts highly
talented faculty and staff and offers an array of undergraduate and
graduate degrees, including doctoral programs. As a member of the
Texas A&M University System, TAMU-CC benefits from a range of
resources, increased visibility and influence, and opportunities to
collaborate in mutually beneficial ways with peers across member
institutions and associated agencies.
TAMU-CC's beautiful campus is located on a 240 acre island on
Corpus Christi Bay and was ranked #1 College by the Sea by Best
College Reviews. Our natural setting is enhanced by its modern,
attractive, and state-of-the-art classroom buildings and support
From our generous
and professional development opportunities, to
our retirement programs and our commitment to service excellence,
the Island University is an engaging and rewarding place to
Glimpse into the Job
This position is responsible for: 1) Campus atmospheric science
instruments; 2) Development of entry-level atmospheric science lab
exercises, instruction for lab lectures, and assistance for the
Weather Observation class; 3) Development and maintenance of
weather broadcast equipment and related software for the 1-h
Broadcast Meteorology class.
How You Will Contribute
What You Will Need
- Maintain the weather lab workstation
- Maintain and develop the weather instruments at weather
stations and for classroom demonstrations.
- Acquire new equipment when necessary.
- Track inventory and preserve database.
- Support research instrument development for faculty in the
atmospheric science program.
- Develop entry-level lab instruction material.
- Conducts instruction for entry-level meteorology
- Assist faculty with designing experiments and software
- Support for Weather Observation class.
- Maintain the mobile weather broadcast system.
- Develop the I-CREATE broadcast studio hardware atmospheric
science component with graphical storyboarding which includes
surface analysis, jet-stream map, radar images, satellite images,
model forecasts, and 5-day forecast summary.
- Support for the 1-h Weather Broadcast class.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What They Would Like to See
- Bachelor of Science in atmospheric science or
- One (1) year of experience
- Addition experience may be used as a substitution for the
minimum education requirement:
- Associate degree in a related field and three (3) years of
- Understanding of instrumentation theory and
- Accomplished at instrumentation maintenance and
- Organizational abilities
- 1-3 years experience with weather instrumentation.
- Aptitude for video software for weather displays in broadcast
- Broadcast meteorology class on college transcript.
- Broadcast meteorology experience.
- Experience with Open Broadcast Software (OBS).
- Familiarity at mobile instrument deployment.
- Data analysis programming skills for classes, as well as
real-time data acquisition and archiving.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a
criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon
the institution's verification of credentials and/or other
information required by the institution's procedures, including the
completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer
committed to diversity.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMUCC_External/job/Corpus-Christi-TX/Laboratory-Coordinator-I_R-055593