About Unity College:
For more than fifty years, Unity College has been preparing the
next generation of environmental professionals and leaders to
successfully face real-world challenges. With environmentally
focused degrees, Unity College offers affordable and accessible
degrees, certificates, and non-degree courses, through a variety of
modalities including hybrid, in-person, hyflex, and online.
Through the framework of sustainability science, Unity College
provides a liberal arts education that emphasizes the environment
and natural resources. Utilizing experiential and collaborative
learning, our graduates emerge as responsible citizens,
environmental stewards, and visionary leaders.
Unity College Distance Education is seeking enthusiastic
individuals to teach R and Phyton programming courses for our
online baccalaureate degree program. Courses are online and run for
five weeks in eight terms for baccalaureate programs.
- We are particularly interested in hiring adjunct faculty to
develop and teach Introduction to Coding for Environmental
Applications and Introduction to R.
- Courses are taught asynchronously with a maximum of 20 students
The ideal candidate will possess a terminal degree
discipline or a masters degree
with ample experience in the
- Experience with online teaching and previous use of Canvas is
- Prior training or experience in the field of programming in R
and coding using Python
- Ability to efficiently operate a personal computer and
associated software (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.) and the coding or
analytical software (R and Phython).
- Must have strong organizational and time management
- Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately.
- Personal commitment to the environmental focus and mission of
Unity Colleges distance education curriculum is 100% online. Our
Distance Education Adjuncts will teach remotely.
This is a temporary part time position and is not eligible for
Interested and qualified candidates should click on the Apply Now
button and submit a CV, cover letter and points of contact for