Due to unprecedented growth, The Beacom College of Computer and Cyber Sciences at Dakota State University in Madison South Dakota is seeking applicants for multiple tenure-track, full-time (9 month), benefits-eligible, faculty positions in all disciplines of Computer Science (all areas), Cyber Security (technical and non-technical), and Artificial Intelligence (all specializations). If you are interested in teaching and researching in one of these areas, please apply today. Be sure to indicate your area of interest in your cover letter. Rank will be determined based on the applicant’s qualifications and experience.
The start date of this position is Spring (January) 2023 or Fall (August) of 2023.
- Teaching a range of applied undergraduate and/or graduate courses in one or more of these areas:
- Computer Science, Cyber Security, Artificial Intelligence.
- Researching and publishing relevant scholarship.
- Active pursuit of grant and funding opportunities.
- Additional duties will include advising students, serving on university committees, assisting with recruitment activities.
- PhD degree in computer science, computer engineering, cyber security, or a closely related discipline prior to the start date of the appointment. ABD candidates may be considered.
- Effective written, oral, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to teach undergraduate and graduate students.
- Ability to develop a strong and active research agenda.
- Experience teaching or developing courses with technical, hands-on exercises and labs.
- Strong potential for scholarly research, publication and attracting external funding in areas related to Computer Science, Cyber Security, and Artificial Intelligence.
Information about the Beacom College of Computer and Cyber Sciences:
The Beacom College of Computer and Cyber Sciences currently offers five undergraduate programs, including Computer Science, Cyber Operations, Network and Security Administration, Artificial Intelligence, and Computer Game Design. Two master programs, including a Master of Science in Computer Science (MSCS) with specializations in Cyber Operations and Artificial Intelligence and a Master of Science in Cyber Defense (MSCD). The Beacom College also offers three doctoral programs, including Ph.D. in Computer Science, Ph.D. in Cyber Operations, and Ph.D. in Cyber Defense. The Beacom College is the largest college at DSU. The college has more than 1,200 students including both undergraduate and graduate students.
Information about DSU:
Dakota State University is a special focus STEM university with an emphasis in computing information technologies and cyber security across all areas of human endeavor. Over the years, DSU has established its reputation as a distinguished regional and national leader in computer science and cybersecurity education and research. We embrace opportunities to provide our students, faculty, and future collaborators with the most innovative technologies and facilities, to produce transformative research and development, and create an outstanding base of faculty, students, and programs at the bachelor’s, master’s, and Ph.D. levels. DSU holds three prestigious designations from the National Security Agency (NSA) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) as National Centers of Academic Excellence (CAE) in Cyber Defense, Research, and Cyber Operations.
Among the exciting things happening at Dakota State we have a major public-private partnership in DSU RISING, a gift-driven campaign in two phases, totaling $130 Million. DSU RISING has already produced several major new opportunities and facilities on campus: The Beacom Institute of Technology, the Madison CyberLabs (cyber-related research and technology application across many industries), the Applied Research Lab (DSU-ARL), and the Paulson Cyber Incubator and Entrepreneurial Center.
New projects funded and in process include the extension of DSU’s Applied Research Corporation (ARC) to a new facility in Sioux Falls, expansion of the number of graduates from the Beacom College of Computer and Cyber Sciences, and the launch of the statewide Governors’ Cyber Academy (K-12 cyber education program).
Assistant Professor - $85,000 / Associate and Full Professor salary will be determined based on rank and experience
- Flexible benefits package – including paid time off, health and retirement benefits
- Life and disability insurance options
- Reduced tuition, longevity pay and training opportunities
- Professional liability coverage
How to Apply:
To apply, visit https://yourfuture.sdbor.edu. The employment site will allow the attachment of a cover letter, curriculum vitae, transcripts, and contact information for at least three professional references.
About Dakota State University:
DSU is located in Madison, South Dakota in the southern lakes region of the state. The region boasts a wealth of outdoor sports and a life-style possible only in smaller towns and rural communities. Madison is just a 50-minute drive from Sioux Falls, the largest city in South Dakota.
Dakota State employees receive a comprehensive and flexible benefits package including paid time off, health and retirement benefits, and life and disability insurance options. Other benefits include reduced tuition, longevity pay and training opportunities. DSU also provides professional liability coverage.
DSU is committed to equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Applicants with disabilities are invited to identify any necessary accommodations required in the application process. E-Verify, EOE.