VinUniversity (https://vinuni.edu.vn) is a private, not-for-profit university established by Vingroup - the largest private conglomerate in Vietnam. VinUniversity aspires to become a university of excellence with a mission to develop talents for the future. The University has built strategic collaborations with Cornell University and the University of Pennsylvania - a choice that speaks to our commitment to excellence, innovation in research and teaching, and to making a difference in the world.
VinUniversity comprises of College of Arts and Sciences; College of Business and Management; College of Engineering and Computer Science; and College of Health Sciences.
Every aspect of the University: its curricula, research, faculty, student body, facilities, and campus life, is developed to meet the highest standards set by the world’s leading accrediting and ranking organizations, such as ABET, AACSB, Quacquarelli Symonds (QS), and Times Higher Education (THE). The institution has also signed collaboration agreements to offer integrated dual-degree with leading universities in computer science, engineering, business management and health sciences.
In October 2020, VinUniversity’s inaugural convocation ceremony was held on its beautiful campus located at Vinhomes Ocean Park, Hanoi, Vietnam. The University was set up with a total investment of VND 6,500 billions (approximately USD 285 millions) from Vingroup.
VinUniversity is looking for a visionary, entrepreneurial-mindset leader with rigorous academic credentials who has a distinguished record of excellence in academia and strong administrative leadership in a diverse higher education environment to serve as Provost.
The Provost is the Chief Academic Officer of the University - who also serves as Chief Administrative Officer of the University in the absence of the President. As Chief Academic Officer, the Provost provides leadership for the planning, development, implementation, assessment, and improvement of all academic programs, policies and supporting infrastructure. The Provost plays a critical role in setting VinUniversity’s academic vision, providing leadership to faculty and staff, and ensuring consistent quality standards in curriculum and programs to meet the needs of students and for the mission and goals of the University.
The Provost collaborates with President and College Deans (Business and Management, Engineering and Computer Science, Health Sciences, and Arts and Sciences), as well as other Senior Administrators to ensure highest level of academic and administrative excellence across the entire university.
PRINCIPAL POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
- Proactively review, propose and implement the strategic planning and sustainable financial model for the University
- Ensure that the highest-caliber academic scholars are appointed to key positions such as Vice. Provosts, College Deans, Executive Directors, Department Chairs, Distinguished Professors and other senior faculty roles at VinUni. The Provost must ensure that VinUni’s vision, aspirations, and its excellent support model are well regarded and heavily promoted within academic networks in multiple disciplines around the world.
- Ensure the world-class quality of curriculum. The Provost must ensure VinUniversity continues developing a synergistic curricular framework for its four colleges (Business and Management, Engineering and Computer Science, Health Sciences, and Arts and Sciences).
- Ensure the excellent quality in research and teaching. The Provost must lead the effort to establish inter-disciplinary research initiatives and teaching excellence, and at the same time generate groundbreaking information that will put Vietnam on the global map of thought leadership.
- Ensure a robust industry engagement. The Provost will have to engage with not only Vingroup and its affiliated companies but with other major organizations in Vietnam and around the world to develop a robust and mutually beneficial industry engagement program.
- Establish and ensure the branding of VinUniveristy as a breakthrough, innovative, and world-class University. To further build and firmly establish VinUniversity’s identity as a university of excellence, the Provost must lead the effort to host academic collaboration events such as roundtables, conferences, and symposia that bring world-renowned academic scholars and industry executives to its campus for engaging discussions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Share the same values with VinUniversity: High ethical standards (Integrity, Code of conduct…) and EXCEL (E: Empathy, X: Exceptional Capability, C: Creativity, E: Entrepreneurial Mindset, and L: Leadership Spirit).
- Be a distinguished scholar with academic record to warrant the position of full professor in computer science, engineering, business administration, or health sciences at high-quality university (e.g. QS top “50 under 50 university”).
- Possess visionary academic leadership with proven track record and outcomes. Demonstrated successful experience in leading academic strategies such as strategic planning, fiscal management, resource allocation, and personnel supervision preferably of a large and complex academic institution.
- Have successful experience in research, administrative, and educational leadership positions at a high-quality academic institution.
- Have demonstrated ability to work with faculty, staff, and students as well as community groups of diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds. Excellent written and verbal communication skills (in English).
- Have strong academic network and be able to attract exceptional faculty and academic leaders to the University.
- Have an appreciative understanding of the challenges that inevitably arise from the operation of a start-up university. Be patient, resilient, and able to work collaboratively with diverse constituents of the institution to effectively resolve challenges and build opportunities, despite of the limited resources, to promote the mission and vision of the University.
The salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
LIVING AND WORKING IN HANOI, VIETNAM
- Work permit: VinUniversity will assist in and provide advice for obtaining the necessary paperwork needed for employment in Vietnam (visa, work permit, insurance, etc.).
- According to Vietnamese Law, expatriates are required to submit all necessary documents for a work permit on the first day in Vietnam. For more information about the necessary documents, please refer to the information in this link.
- Living costs: Vietnam has a comparatively low cost of living and expatriates can live a very comfortable life here with a moderate expenditure.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply via https://apply.interfolio.com/112407 and send (1) a cover letter, (2) a resume, (3) a teaching statement, (4) a research statement, and (4) two recommendation letters.