Educational Environment Strategist
- Ashley McGraw Architects, DPC
- Syracuse, New York
- Commensurate with experience
- Posted Date
- Oct 24, 2022
- Position Type
- Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Facilities Management & Physical Plant
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
At Ashley McGraw Architects, our passion lies in holistic sustainability with a concentration in building science, and exploring regenerative and resilient approaches to Architecture. We strive to infuse this into our work of creating sophisticated learning environments, revitalizing existing structures to accommodate new programs, and transforming spaces into invigorating, state of the art learning and community spaces. Ashley McGraw Architects is an award winning firm specializing in large educational, multifamily housing, and community projects. We have a highly dedicated and talented staff focused on the intelligent synthesis of sustainability and architecture. We offer challenging, interesting, design projects, a hybrid in-office/remote work environment, generous compensation packages, and long-term career growth potential.
We seek to hire an Educational Environment Strategist who can collaborate with our educational and community clients to evolve the understanding of project scope beyond spatial programming to consider learning, development, and aspirational vision. In this position you will work with the design team to facilitate conversations with diverse community groups, meet with educational stakeholders, and lead client discussions on Programming, Visioning, and Curriculum integration with architectural design. You will engage in facility walk-throughs, observational reporting, statistical data gathering and analysis, and extensive client interface.
Responsibilities will include:
- Gathering and analyzing data on learning environments and effects of changes made resulting from data analysis.
- On-going research of educational environment strategies.
- Developing client program solutions.
- Initiating, developing, directing design and technical staff to develop solutions based on project scope.
- Writing papers on strategies topics and making public presentations.
- Providing guidance to design staff to use learning environment strategies solutions to develop space plans and select furniture and fixtures,
- Interfacing with clients and developing and fostering new client relationships.
- Managing Design Strategy/Planning/Post-Occupancy budget to ensure adherence to budget and advising client of potential variances and their effect.
- Managing and mentoring work of strategies staff, overseeing tasks and providing feedback on work product.
The successful candidate will have superlative listening skills, polished presentation skills, and a genuine desire to understand and assist the client to achieve their educational design aspirations. Along with a passion for working with and designing learning environments, data gathering and analysis skills, strong project management skills, and thought leadership strengths. Desired skills and experience include:
- Working knowledge of the major phases of the design process
- Subject matter expert in strategy services
- Advanced documentation and field observation skills
- Experience and understanding in consulting methodologies and practices
- Extensive verbal, presentation and written communication skills
- Ability to direct presentation and graphic communication requirements
- Demonstrated ability to manage and lead staff through a combination of direct authority and subject matter expertise
- Working knowledge of budget preparation and proven ability to manage projects within budgetary constraints
Qualifications include a Bachelors or Masters degree in architecture, interior design, or education, and five to eight years experience in design, or educational planning of capital projects. ALEP certification is not required but highly desired. Knowledge of ALEP precepts is essential. Interested candidates should submit their cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert