Athletic Assoc (8521)
Under general supervision, ensures the safety of patrons of an
aquatic facility by preventing and responding to emergencies.
Examples of Duties
- Maintains constant surveillance of patrons in the facility;
acts immediately and appropriately to secure safety of patrons in
the event of emergency.
- Provides emergency care and treatment as required until the
arrival of emergency medical services.
- Presents professional appearance and attitude at all times, and
maintains a high standard of customer service.
- Performs various maintenance duties as directed to maintain a
clean and safe facility.
- Prepares and maintains appropriate activity reports.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Must be a minimal age of 18 and have at least 1 year experience
directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified. CPR
Certified; Current certification as Lifeguard by a recognized
source of training.
KNOWLEDGE , SKILLS , AND ABILITIES REQUIRED :
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency
- Skill in the application of lifeguarding surveillance and
- Ability to pass a pre-employment physical skills evaluation as
stipulated by the department.
- Ability to prepare routine administrative paperwork.
- Knowledge of CPR and emergency medical procedures.
- Ability to follow routine verbal and written instructions.
- Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures.
- Keep all certifications up to date.
1 College Circle Bangor, ME, 04401