Employee is responsible for timely and accurately processing all
documentation related to college procurement activities, as well as
assisting with other department functions. Responsibilities include
effectively communicating internally with departments throughout
the college, effectively communicating with external vendors,
managing the college's purchasing card program, and performing and
coordinating routine administrative duties.
- An AA degree, preferably in a business related field, and two
years of related experience.
- Ability to extensively use one's own initiative to locate and
resolve problems in the area.
- Demonstrated ability to perform all tasks with a high degree of
accuracy and with close attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information and evaluate
options to determine the best solution.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and prioritize tasks
to meet work load requirements and deadlines.
- Ability to learn, interpret, and utilize all aspects of the
Colleague software system as well as other purchasing or financial
- Ability to proficiently operate a computer, calculator, copier,
fax machine, and scanner.
- Ability to proficiently utilize Microsoft Office applications
such as Word and Excel.
- Ability to learn and apply all purchasing procedures, contract
administration procedures and cost center manager responsibility
- Ability to proficiently operate a telephone, including
appropriate usage, being able to transfer calls and the use of the
college's voicemail system.
- Ability to proficiently use the Internet, and to learn to
utilize various internet based purchasing programs.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Ability to communicate effectively, clearly, effectively, and
professionally with vendors and college employees both verbally and
- Regular attendance is a requirement of this job.
- Performs all duties while considering the impact of any actions
on the college's sustainability initiatives in the areas of
environmental stewardship, social responsibility, and economic