- Howard Community College
- Maryland, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Oct 21, 2022
- Position Type
- Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Other Business & Administrative Affairs
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Employee is responsible for timely and accurately processing all documentation related to college procurement activities, as well as assisting with other department functions. Responsibilities include effectively communicating internally with departments throughout the college, effectively communicating with external vendors, managing the college's purchasing card program, and performing and coordinating routine administrative duties.
- An AA degree, preferably in a business related field, and two years of related experience.
- Ability to extensively use one's own initiative to locate and resolve problems in the area.
- Demonstrated ability to perform all tasks with a high degree of accuracy and with close attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information and evaluate options to determine the best solution.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and prioritize tasks to meet work load requirements and deadlines.
- Ability to learn, interpret, and utilize all aspects of the Colleague software system as well as other purchasing or financial management systems.
- Ability to proficiently operate a computer, calculator, copier, fax machine, and scanner.
- Ability to proficiently utilize Microsoft Office applications such as Word and Excel.
- Ability to learn and apply all purchasing procedures, contract administration procedures and cost center manager responsibility procedures correctly.
- Ability to proficiently operate a telephone, including appropriate usage, being able to transfer calls and the use of the college's voicemail system.
- Ability to proficiently use the Internet, and to learn to utilize various internet based purchasing programs.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Ability to communicate effectively, clearly, effectively, and professionally with vendors and college employees both verbally and in writing.
- Regular attendance is a requirement of this job.
- Performs all duties while considering the impact of any actions on the college's sustainability initiatives in the areas of environmental stewardship, social responsibility, and economic prosperity.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert