Continuing Education Assistant
- Howard Community College
- Maryland, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Oct 21, 2022
- Position Type
- Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Business & Administrative Support, Other Business & Administrative Affairs
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Performs clerical and administrative support work for the Division of Continuing Education and Workforce Development, specifically for the personal enrichment, 60+ programs, Rider School, and the community development unit. Serves as the initial point of contact for personal enrichment and 60+ programs. Assists students in registering for and selecting personal enrichment and 60+ classes. Handles a high volume of phone calls on a multi-line phone system. Provides telephone coverage, clerical support, mail processing, course evaluation processing, word processing, Colleague data entry, personal enrichment and 60+ programs reports, and serves as a back-up support to other community development programs. Under general supervision, this position also assists with instructor and vendor contracts, course file management, and new personnel document processing. Supports community development programs as needed. Assists the division with special projects.
- High school diploma required, AA degree preferred
- One or more years in an office environment is preferred
- Strong technical, organizational, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent customer service experience in a fast-paced office environment, with an ability to respond quickly and efficiently to a variety of situations.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple responsibilities.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office Suite, knowledge of Colleague system preferred.
- Ability to operate a wide range of office equipment including a computer, copier, fax, and audio-visual equipment.
- Must be able to use good judgment in dealing with all levels of individuals within the college and the community.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Regular attendance is a requirement of this job.
- Vacation time is not permitted during summer Kids on Campus sessions.
- Performs all duties while considering the impact of any actions on the college's sustainability initiatives in the areas of environmental stewardship, social responsibility, and economic prosperity.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert