About Unity College:
For more than fifty years, Unity College has been preparing the
next generation of environmental professionals and leaders to
successfully face real-world challenges. With environmentally
focused degrees, Unity College offers affordable and accessible
degrees, certificates, and non-degree courses, through a variety of
modalities including hybrid, in-person, hyflex, and online.
Through the framework of sustainability science, Unity College
provides a liberal arts education that emphasizes the environment
and natural resources. Utilizing experiential and collaborative
learning, our graduates emerge as responsible citizens,
environmental stewards, and visionary leaders.
Unity College seeks enthusiastic individuals to serve as Subject
Matter Experts (SMEs) to support the Bachelor of Wildfire
Science and Management
program. Wildfire Science and Management
SMEs will work closely with the Dean of Environmental Conservation
and Research to develop descriptions and learning outcomes for 8
core courses (24 credits) within the program.
The ideal candidate will possess a terminal degree (e.g. M.D.,
in a related discipline (e.g. ecology, fire science,
forestry, etc.) or a masters degree
with ample professional
- Prior experience in wildland fire management and/or
- Knowledge of the impact of fire on wildland ecosystems and
- Experience with wildland management laws and policies.
- Ability to efficiently operate a personal computer and
associated software (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.).
- Must have strong organizational and time management
- Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately.
- Experience with online teaching and/or distance learners is
- Personal commitment to the environmental focus and mission of
Unity Colleges distance education curriculum is 100% online. Our
Distance Education Adjuncts will teach remotely.
This is a temporary part time position and is not eligible for
Interested and qualified candidates should click on the Apply Now
button and submit a CV, cover letter and points of contact for