Department of Geography and Anthropology
Kennesaw State University is now accepting applications for a nine-month, tenure track Assistant Professor of Geospatial Sciences faculty position in the Department of Geography and Anthropology to begin August 2023. We are seeking applicants with expertise in land surveying and either GIS, GSS, remote sensing, geomatics, or a related field.
- Candidates will be expected to teach required surveying courses and will be expected to develop and teach upper and lower division electives in their area(s) of expertise.
- Candidates will be expected to support and conduct research in their area(s) of expertise that produce peer-reviewed, published works.
- Candidates will be expected to provide service to the Department, College, University, and/or professional community.
Teaching assignments will be based on earned degrees and SACSCOC Faculty Credentials Guidelines.
Required Qualifications Include
- A PhD or other terminal degree, or its foreign equivalent, in Surveying or a closely related field is required by August 1, 2023.
- A demonstrated commitment to teaching excellence.
- A clear trajectory toward effective and sustained university teaching, supervision, mentorship, research, and professional service.
Preferred Qualifications Include
- The ideal candidate should be capable of developing and teaching field and/or lab classes and teaching geospatial science courses (e.g., Surveying I & II, Introduction to GIS).
- Candidates should be able to include undergraduate students in their research and supervise independent research by undergraduates.
- Candidates should show a record (or potential record) of effective university teaching and evidence (or potential evidence) of teaching and working with a culturally and an ethnically diverse community.
- Candidates should provide evidence of a productive research program that can successfully compete for external funding.
- Candidates should be able to teach in a variety of modalities, including face-to-face, hybrid, and online.
- Candidates should be capable of obtaining registration as a land surveyor.
For a full description of this position, application deadlines, and application procedures, visit https://hr.kennesaw.edu/careers.php. Search for Job ID 250904.
For more than 50 years, Kennesaw State University has been known for its entrepreneurial spirit and sense of community. A leader in innovative teaching and learning, Kennesaw State is located just north of Atlanta, and combines a suburban setting on two metro-Atlanta campuses in Kennesaw and Marietta. As one of Georgia’s largest universities, Kennesaw State offers undergraduate and graduate degrees, including a growing number of doctoral programs. A member of the University System of Georgia, Kennesaw State is committed to becoming a world-class academic institution positioned to broaden its academic and research missions and expand its scope on a local, regional and national level.
Kennesaw State University, a member of the University System of Georgia, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and/or veteran status. Georgia is an Open Records state.