Guilford Technical Community College (GTCC) is currently the fourth
largest of NC. Community College System's 58 institutions. On our
six campuses and through our online offerings, we annually serve
approximately 27,500 students, 60% of whom are students of color.
We strive to offer programs that provide equitable educational
outcomes for all students representing all backgrounds, including,
but not limited to, ability, age, gender, race, religion, sexual
orientation, and socioeconomic status. At GTCC, we are committed to
cultivating a workplace culture of inclusion that welcomes,
develops, supports, and empowers employees. We are looking for an
exceptional leader, who shares our institutional mission, vision,
and values, to join the team as our new Instructional
The Instructional Designer works with GTCC faculty to create
high-quality blended, hybrid, and online courses. The Instructional
Designer provides faculty with individual and group training
sessions that introduce new technologies and best practices in
online instruction. Additionally, the Instructional Designer may
assist in staff development related to instructional applications,
e.g., MS Teams, Zoom, etc. Finally, the Instructional Designer
partners with faculty, staff, and administration to ensure
consistency in online course design. This is a
- Masters degree from a regionally accredited post-secondary
institution in a discipline/field currently offered at
- Quality Matters Higher Education Peer Reviewer Certification or
possess the qualifications to attain it within nine months of hire.
Eligibility requirements to become a QM Certified Peer
1. Successful completion of the Applying the QM Rubric Workshop and
the Peer Reviewer Course.
2. Current for-credit online teaching experience (within the last
3. Complete an Application and a Memo of Understanding. Submit to
4. Be a current Higher Education Subscriber (Affiliated with an
institutional subscriber or Individual Subscription)
Please see the attached weblink for more information about the
- Doctoral degree in Curriculum & Instruction, Distance
Education, Learning/Instructional Design, or Educational Learning
Technology from a post-secondary institution.
- One year instructing post-secondary online: credit-bearing
college courses or faculty professional development
- Two years experience with instructional design and curriculum
development incorporating technologies across all modalities of
instruction, i.e., blended, hybrid, and online.
- Experience using a learning management system such as Moodle,
Canvas, Blackboard, etc.
- Experience with cloud-based and content authoring software such
as Adobe Captivate, SoftChalk, Camtasia, etc.
- Greater than one year of designing and instructing post-secondary
online: credit-bearing college courses, community college
continuing education courses, or faculty professional development
- More than two years experience with instructional design and
curriculum development incorporating technologies across all
modalities of instruction, i.e., blended, hybrid, and
- Experience with the Americans with Disabilities Act and Section
508 standards in the creation of instructional content
- Experience with instructional design processes, e.g., ADDIE, UDL,
- Experience developing, implementing, and supporting successful
faculty development programs regarding optimal instructional
design, i.e., workshops, online modules, etc.
- Participation and leadership in local, regional, or national
groups/organizations focused on distance/online learning, e.g.,
NC3ADL, Educause, OLC, etc.