Department Web Assistant
- Virginia Commonwealth University
- Virginia, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Oct 12, 2022
As a preeminent national, urban, public research university and academic health center, Virginia Commonwealth University is committed to organizational diversity, equity and inclusion - an environment where all can thrive in their pursuit of excellence.
The Psychology Department is seeking to attract a diverse pool of qualified applicants for a part-time Department Web Assistant. This position’s main responsibility will be to manage, edit, update, and coordinate content for the department’s large website. This will mainly be through the Terminal Four (T4) web content management system, but will also involve HTML coding. This position reports to the Executive Assistant to the Chair, with tasks assigned and requested by faculty and other staff.
This position will generally require 10 to 15 hours a week.
- Demonstrated experience in web management
- Demonstrated experience with HTML
- Demonstrated experience with ADA-compliant web accessibility standards,
or the willingness to learn them.
- Demonstrated experience using the Google Workspace (e.g. Google Mail,
Drive, Calendar, etc.)
- Ability to organize work and establish reasonable priorities.
- Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff,
and student environment or commitment to do so as a staff member at VCU
- Demonstrated experience using the Terminal Four (T4) web content
- Demonstrated experience using CSS
- Demonstrated Experience with web design
- Demonstrated experience with photo editing software (e.g. Adobe Photoshop and Adobe
Job Specific Physical and Cognitive Requirements:
Physical Demands & Activities
Light Lifting (<20 lbs): Marginal
Moderate Lifting (20-50 lbs): N/A
Heavy Lifting (>50 lbs): N/A
Repetitive Motion: Essential
Fast Pace: Essential
Average Pace: Essential
Multiple Stimuli: Marginal
Intense Customer Interaction: Marginal
Frequent Change: Essential
Verbal Communication: Marginal
Written Communication: Essential
$20-$25 an hour
Employment Type: H1 - Hourly
Restricted Status: No
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Contact Name: Corey Martin
Contact Email: email@example.com
Contact Phone: (804) 827-1659
Virginia Commonwealth University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action university providing access to education and employment without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), political affiliation, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or disability. Women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert