Assistant Professor of Construction Management
Department of Construction Management
Kennesaw State University is now accepting applications for a nine-month, tenure track Assistant Professor of Construction Management faculty position in the Department of Construction Management that begins August 2023.
The Department of Construction Management at Kennesaw State University seeks candidates to engage in teaching, curriculum planning and development, research and scholarly activities including publications, online and in-person teaching, and service to the university, community, and profession. Kennesaw State University is committed to maintaining a fair and respectful environment for living, work, and study. We seek applicants who will add to the intellectual diversity within the Department of Construction Management and work successfully with our diverse body of students and colleagues in the dynamic and energetic context of Metro Atlanta.
Teaching assignments will be based on earned degrees and SACSCOC Faculty Credentials Guidelines.
Required Qualifications Include
- Ph.D., or the foreign equivalent, in Construction Management/Engineering/Land Development or a closely related field
- At least 5-years of US Construction Industry management-level experience or equivalent
- A background in construction management or construction engineering
- Expertise is required in two of the following: program/project management, heavy civil/infrastructure projects, land and real estate development
The selection process will place emphasis on the applicant’s potential for contributions in teaching, scholarly activities, and service.
Preferred Qualifications Include
- The department is interested in candidates with a strong understanding of the fundamentals of managing construction projects: from the field to the boardroom, from CPM to balance sheets, from technology to legal issues, from materials to safety, and from labor and subcontractors to sustainability.
- Demonstrate the capacity to integrate their research, creative work and/or professional practice into their teaching, which will include core courses and/or electives, undergraduate and/or graduate.
For a full description of this position, application deadlines, and application procedures, visit https://hr.kennesaw.edu/careers.php. Search for Job ID 250576.
For more than 50 years, Kennesaw State University has been known for its entrepreneurial spirit and sense of community. A leader in innovative teaching and learning, Kennesaw State is located just north of Atlanta, and combines a suburban setting on two metro-Atlanta campuses in Kennesaw and Marietta. As one of Georgia’s largest universities, Kennesaw State offers undergraduate and graduate degrees, including a growing number of doctoral programs. A member of the University System of Georgia, Kennesaw State is committed to becoming a world-class academic institution positioned to broaden its academic and research missions and expand its scope on a local, regional and national level.
Kennesaw State University, a member of the University System of Georgia, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and/or veteran status. Georgia is an Open Records state.