The School of Graduate & Continuing Studies at Alfred
University is delighted to announce a search for a School
Counseling Field Placement Coordinator for our New York City
metro-area based school counseling programs (MS Ed/ CAS), beginning
in October 2022 (or earlier).
The AUNY School Counseling Field Placement Coordinator is a
12-month, part-time (20 hours/ week) position that will assist the
Dean in the oversight of field experiences of the Alfred University
graduate school counseling program in the NYC-metro area. This
includes required practicum and internship experiences for master's
degree and advanced certificate students. Duties include, but are
not limited to:
- Assisting students in identifying appropriate practicum and
- Developing new school counseling practicum and internship sites
that will meet program training needs.
- Conducting visits (virtual &/o in-person) of school
counseling internship sites to determine compliance with State
Education regulations (approximately 150 per year).
- Tracking practicum and internship hours and reporting progress
to the dean
- Tracking and reporting on students' academic progress during
internship and reporting on the number of students who have
completed internship or who need internship continuation.
- Overseeing school counseling field experiences regarding
compliance with certification regulations.
- Making regular phone and email contacts with field
- Conducting orientation programming for field experiences and
exit programming for graduates.
- Certifying completion of field experiences as part of the
degree conferral process.
- Teaching school counseling field experience seminars.
- The position will be based in Brooklyn.
- A minimum of a master's degree in counseling, or an equivalent
degree, and a current active New York State certification as a
- At least five years of experience as a certified school
- The successful applicant must be familiar with Microsoft Office
and capable of learning and managing specialty software used for
field experience documentation and NYS certification agencies.
- Must be comfortable with travel throughout the five boroughs,
Long Island, Westchester, and the lower Hudson Valley.
- Must be comfortable with extensive online interactions with
students, faculty, administrative offices, and other
- This is a 12-month, part-time position requiring approximately
20 hours per week, $33.50-$38.50/hour DOE, including some
Alfred University actively subscribes to a policy of equal
employment opportunity, and will not discriminate against any
employee, student or applicant because of race, age, sex, color,
sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, physical
or mental disability, religion, ancestry or national origin,
marital status, genetic information, military or veteran status,
domestic violence victim status, criminal conviction status,
political affiliation or any other characteristic protected by
applicable law. Protected veterans, minorities and women are
encouraged to apply.