The Pamplin Career Advisor services as a full-time
administrative/professional faculty member in the Undergraduate
Programs Office in the Pamplin College of Business. The position
will serve as a member of the Pamplin Career Services team and aid
in the achievement of team goals, including increasing and
maintaining career placement rate and increasing and maintaining
the number of students having career related experience upon
graduation. The position will play an integral role in educating
students on the career development process and opportunities that
exist through career advising. The primary components of this role
include career advising/coaching, program development and delivery,
relationship development and management, resource creation, along
with administrative duties.
The position will be divided as follows:
1. Career Coaching/Career Advising for undergraduate business
2. Program Development and Delivery: 25%
3. Administrative and other special projects represent the
This is a hybrid position with a set rotation of in the office and
• Bachelor’s degree in business, education, counseling, human
resources or a related field coupled with training and/or
experience which may equate to an advanced degree.
• Experience in higher education, corporate recruitment, or related
business industry segment.
• Experience advising college students and/or young professionals
on career-related topics.
• Exceptional communication skills.
• Demonstrated proficiency in designing and delivering
• Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities, programs, and
• Ability to collaborate cross-functionally in the office
environment and to interface with employers, students, alumni,
faculty, and university administrators.
• Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse
faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a
team member in Pamplin.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
• Flexibility to work some evenings.
• Master’s degree with emphasis on counseling, student affairs,
education, business, or related business industry segment.
• Significant experience in higher education, corporate
recruitment, or related field.
• Experience working within business fields or in providing
advising to populations interested in pursuing careers in
• Ability to use relevant database systems, (e.g. Handshake, Google
Suite, Canvas, Canva, Microsoft Excel).
• Project management experience.
• Awareness of trends within higher education, career services, and
the business workforce.
• Member of NACE of similar professional organization.
Commensurate with Experience
Open until filled
This position is eligible for hybrid telework
The successful candidate will be required to have a criminal
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim
(That I May Serve),
Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a
hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be
leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution
that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the
world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community
to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more
than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000
undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight
, a school of
, a veterinary
college, Graduate School
, and Honors College
. The university
has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus
in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in
Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices
. A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech
conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or
applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including
pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic
information, national origin, political affiliation, race,
religion, sexual orientation, or military status, or otherwise
discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about,
discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of
other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an
accommodation, please contact Samantha Gagnet at firstname.lastname@example.org
during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to
December 2, 2022