Pamplin Career Advisor
- Virginia Tech
- Virginia, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Oct 18, 2022
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Business & Management, Business Administration, Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Other Business & Administrative Affairs, Student Affairs, Academic Advising & Academic Support Services, Career Services
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The Pamplin Career Advisor services as a full-time administrative/professional faculty member in the Undergraduate Programs Office in the Pamplin College of Business. The position will serve as a member of the Pamplin Career Services team and aid in the achievement of team goals, including increasing and maintaining career placement rate and increasing and maintaining the number of students having career related experience upon graduation. The position will play an integral role in educating students on the career development process and opportunities that exist through career advising. The primary components of this role include career advising/coaching, program development and delivery, relationship development and management, resource creation, along with administrative duties.
The position will be divided as follows:
1. Career Coaching/Career Advising for undergraduate business students: 65%
2. Program Development and Delivery: 25%
3. Administrative and other special projects represent the remaining 10%.
This is a hybrid position with a set rotation of in the office and remote days.
• Bachelor’s degree in business, education, counseling, human resources or a related field coupled with training and/or experience which may equate to an advanced degree.
• Experience in higher education, corporate recruitment, or related business industry segment.
• Experience advising college students and/or young professionals on career-related topics.
• Exceptional communication skills.
• Demonstrated proficiency in designing and delivering presentations.
• Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities, programs, and projects.
• Ability to collaborate cross-functionally in the office environment and to interface with employers, students, alumni, faculty, and university administrators.
• Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a team member in Pamplin.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
• Flexibility to work some evenings.
• Master’s degree with emphasis on counseling, student affairs, education, business, or related business industry segment.
• Significant experience in higher education, corporate recruitment, or related field.
• Experience working within business fields or in providing advising to populations interested in pursuing careers in business.
• Ability to use relevant database systems, (e.g. Handshake, Google Suite, Canvas, Canva, Microsoft Excel).
• Project management experience.
• Awareness of trends within higher education, career services, and the business workforce.
• Member of NACE of similar professional organization.
Commensurate with Experience
This position is eligible for hybrid telework
The successful candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check.
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges , a school of medicine , a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School , and Honors College . The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers . A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or military status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Samantha Gagnet at firstname.lastname@example.org during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.
Advertised: December 2, 2022
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert