Commitment to Mission
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of
Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position.
A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional
communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship,
respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is
- One LSC
- Student Focused
- Own It
- Advance Equity
- Cultivate Community
- Choose Learning
The Chronicle of Higher Education’s “Great Colleges to Work For” is
designed to recognize colleges that have been successful in
creating great workplaces and to further research and understanding
of the factors, dynamics and influences that have the most impact
on organizational culture at higher education institutions.
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence
in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace &
Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance .
Campus Marketing Statement
Lone Star College-System Office
Lone Star College offers high-quality, low-cost academic transfer
and career training education to 93,000+ students each semester.
LSC has been named a 2021 Great Colleges to Work For® institution
by the Chronicle of Higher Education and ranked 35th in Texas in
the Forbes ‘America’s Best Employers By State’ list.
LSC consists of eight colleges, seven centers, eight Workforce
Centers of Excellence and Lone Star Corporate College.
Lone Star College-System Office employees are based at one of two
System Office locations; The Woodlands and University Park. Both
are the site for multiple administrative departments and
system-wide training programs.
Location address is 5000 Research Forest Drive, The Woodlands, TX
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The PT Analyst I will consistently track, monitor, and report
Incident Management (IM) data. Responsible for reviewing all
Incident Management data for trends, conducting analysis, and
maintaining data integrity, while providing regular reports to the
Executive Director. In addition, the PT Analyst I will support and
perform general compliance tasks for the Compliance and Incident
Management department. Typical duties include collecting,
compiling, and comparing information and making action
recommendations as needed. The position generally works with
moderate to limited guidance from others and utilizes prior
knowledge and experience in the performance of their duties.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLLS AND ABILITIES:
- Monitors the LSC Incident Reporting platform and extracts
reported information for initial intake and analysis
- Performs data entry and data management of reported incidents
in accordance with case management processes and systems
- Evaluates the effectiveness of reporting processes and make
procedural recommendations for process improvements
- Prepares and formats data and develops reports according as
directed by the Executive Director
- Helps to ensure data integrity of department operations by
performing quality review functions monthly
- Assists in the management of various database platforms
including organization of records management processes
- Conducts policy and regulatory research on compliance-related
- Adheres to internal controls and reporting structures and
exhibits organizational sensitivity as it applies to reported
incidents and the analysis thereof
- Troubleshoots problems related to reports and models and
performs testing and diagnosis to pinpoint the nature of the
- Seeks new ways to improve efficiency, and makes recommendations
to management as needed
- Responsible for other reasonable, related duties as
- Exceptional working knowledge of PCs and related software with
a focus on Excel, MS Word, and Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Highly proficient with common office software; advanced
knowledge of spreadsheets, formulas and database programs such as
Microsoft Excel/Access and other reporting software
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving skills
- Detail-oriented with excellent organization skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced
- Maintain confidentiality and security of sensitive
The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee sits comfortably to
do the work. However, there may be some walking; standing; bending;
carrying of light items, such as papers, books, or small parts; or
driving an automobile. No special physical demands are required to
perform the work.
WORK SCHEDULE AND CONDITIONS:
- Equipment used includes, PC workstation running on a LAN in a
Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general
- Interface with internal and external contacts as needed to
carry out the functions of the position
- Work is performed in a climate-controlled office with minimal
exposure to safety hazards
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 3 years of related work
experience, or an equivalent combination of education and
- Experience in higher education, compliance, human resources, or
- MS Office Suite expert
- Oracle PeopleSoft experience
Hourly Pay Rate is $18.20
Benefits Marketing Statement
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part
of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work
environment, excellent work/life balance, tuition waiver,
participation in a tax deferred retirement plan and more.
Go to the Job Search page, click on ‘My Activities’ at the top of
the page. Under My Cover Letters and Attachments you will click on
‘Add Attachment.’ Please be sure to put the Job ID# in the title
once you name your file for cover letters only, unless you attached
your cover letter with your resume.
If you are applying for an Instructional position (i.e. Faculty,
Adjunct Faculty, Instructor), please ensure you include the
following to be considered: Resume/CV, Cover Letter, Teaching
Philosophy, and unofficial transcripts.
You must limit your file name for any attachment to 40 characters
How to Apply
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY
We will not accept application material received via fax, email,
mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the
academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on
your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication
regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by
phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which
Lone Star College provides the federal government with information
from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is
authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are
subject to a criminal background check.