Other, Clerical / Support, Communications / PR /
The Graphics Specialist will serve as a client services
representative in the Graphic Services area in Publications, Print
& Mail. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
opening, preflighting editing and outputting graphics files;
producing print and digital visual communications that conform to
brand standards: assisting campus partners with project planning,
paper selection, printing technical expertise, production planning
and scheduling; operating a variety of equipment, including
wide-format printers, high-speed production copiers, networked
printers, small binding and finishing machines, as well as
performing a variety of tasks as assigned by the Graphic Services
As a member of the PP&M team, all staff are expected to
contribute positively toward fulfilling PP&M's mission of
providing high quality print and mail projects for the campus
community. Team members are active participants in providing
feedback on process improvement, new technologies and ways to
enhance, improve and support the departmental mission. Each member
of the department is charged with keeping work areas neat, clean
and safe. Staff members are encouraged and expected to take
advantage of opportunities for job-related professional development
and continuous learning. PP&M team members are committed to
maintaining an inclusive working environment that is supportive,
respectful and courteous of coworkers and peers as part of a
diverse campus community.
This is a full time, year round, benefits eligible position.
- Provide customer service to campus partners to define their
needs, and make suggestions for creative and efficient ways to
produce printing projects.
- Provide technical support to campus partners on how to prepare
electronic files for printing, and the use of electronic submission
- Open, edit and output graphics files received via email, or
other electronic means.
● Design print and digital communications using Adobe Creative
Suite (Illustrator, Dreamweaver, InDesign, Photoshop, Acrobat
- Advise campus partners on established University brand
standards, and ensure that all projects meet those
- Review information on work orders for completeness, and enter
them into the appropriate production workflow using a print
- In coordination with Mail Services team leader, advise campus
partners on mailing options and provide mailing specifications to
the mail services team.
- Set up and operate a variety of digital copying/printing
devices and, utilizing the features and functions of the devices,
producing products that meet the specifications of the job
- Manage wide-format poster printing submitted from campus
partners as well as the Graphic Design team.
- Manage and complete work orders in a timeframe which meets
specified deadlines, schedules, and production
- Utilize a print management system for providing cost estimates,
job costing, job tracking and departmental
- Inspect work for quality control and pass it on to the next
production station, or if complete, place in delivery area for pick
- Maintain supply levels in equipment.
- Operate small- and large-format printing, mounting and
- Provide support to the Graphics & Technology Specialist on
other projects including environmental graphic file prep and
installations, e-commerce site, and specialty printing
- Perform other functions and work as assigned by the team
- Associate's degree in Graphics Communications or related field,
or in lieu of education, two years of directly related work
- Knowledge of digital and offset printing processes, printing
papers, desktop publishing standards and a PDF workflow.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite.
- Demonstrated ability to work in both Windows and Macintosh
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- The ability to multi-task in a fast-paced deadline-driven work
- The ability to work independently to plan, organize, schedule
and execute projects from beginning to end is crucial.
- Excellent customer service skills, the ability to work with
students, faculty and staff.
- A valid PA driver's license.
- Graphic design training and/or work experience.
- Experience using EFI PrintSmith.
- Must be able to routinely lift cartons up to 30 pounds, with
occasional heavier lifting with mechanical assistance or
- Must be able to work in a standing or sitting position for
- Must possess adequate vision to make judgments concerning the
overall quality of the finished product.
This is a full time, year round, benefits eligible position.
This role is not budgeted for visa sponsorship at this time, all
candidates must be authorized to work in the US at the time of
submission of the application.
This is a Staff Non-Exempt position with a hiring range of $16 -
19.99. The offer rate will be based on a review of the candidate's
credentials compared to the qualifications of the position,
internal equity, and our overall compensation philosophy.
Eligible full- and part-time employees are compensated beyond base
salary through our total rewards package that includes (but is not
limited to) -
- flexible scheduling options determined by role;
- medical, prescription drug, vision, dental, life, and long-term
disability insurance options
- an outstanding 10% employer contribution to your retirement plan
(no contribution requirement for non-exempt positions)
- generous paid time off, including vacation and sick time, a
community service day, and 19 paid holidays (including two full
weeks off for Winter Break!)
- tuition remission, exchange and grants for the employee,
spouse/spousal equivalent, and children (with credit for full-time,
benefits eligible employment at other institutions of higher
- a comprehensive employee wellness program including program
- a myriad of other benefits, including parental leave, an employee
assistance program, fitness center membership, and the power of
your Bucknell ID card
To learn more about Bucknell's benefits, click
here! (*Eligibility criteria and waiting periods may
To apply, visit https://careers.bucknell.edu/en-us/job/497120/graphics-specialist