Network Technician Analyst
- San Jose State University
- California, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Oct 17, 2022
- Position Type
- Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Computer Services & Information Technology, Technology Administration/Other
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Performs duties under direct supervision of the Network Services Director. Works independently to manage, operate, support, maintain, and monitor the wide area, wireless and local area network on campus and remote locations.
Primary responsibilities include planning, managing and coordinating IT related activities on campus projects and ensuring that projects conform to the campus standards and will fit into the IT operational processes. This position focuses on end point support, edge switching, wireless and housing network support. This position will also lead and supervise student assistants.
- Develop and manage processes and procedures to support daily campus network service and operations. Including delegated and hands-on support as required.
- Develop, document and continue to improve operational processes and procedures.
- Conduct network tests and monitor network integrity, performance and security to identify service issues and develop plans for remediation.
- Maintain and support network equipment and network operating systems, including switches, WAPs & WLAN controllers, and network related hardware and software.
- Ensure network ports have proper location description for safety systems.
- Recommend initiatives and changes to improve quality and services.
- Follows all change management procedures including preparation of change requests to execution.
- Troubleshoot network problems for LAN and Wireless communications and security issues.
- Oversight of all housing/dorms networking and resident technology support as it related to connectivity
- Troubleshoot and support IPTV services and operations.
- Provide program management to assigned network architecture and develop of future roadmaps-based CSU, industry and vendor input including planning for future network technologies integration and deployment.
- Manage and maintain network architecture and services deployment to improve efficiency and cost effectiveness in adherence with existing technology strategy.
- Provide proactive consultation to management on needs, risks, plans and opportunities in assigned technology areas.
- Secure network resources from inappropriate access while addressing security related issues for network access and devices.
- Ability to apply and implement best practices
- Ability to maintain network security and integrity of data on network
- Ability to effectively establish and maintain cooperative working relationships within a diverse multicultural environment
- Knowledge of how to configure and operate network management tools and/or network hardware, including routers, switches, firewalls, and protocols for Cisco products
- Knowledge of IP data, voice and video networks
- Knowledge of network architecture and design for performance, reliability and security
- Knowledge of network engineering, support, and troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of network traffic and performance parameters to interpret variance and service impact to users
- Knowledge of local and wide area networks (LAN, WAN) and wireless system configuration(s) and protocol
- Knowledge of network architecture, configuration, protocols, and interconnectivity requirements for internal/external information transmission
- Knowledge of security standards and network system utilities
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate and interpret customer needs and communicate to help team develop appropriate networking system solutions to address customer needs and coordinate ongoing administration and maintenance of network services
- Demonstrated ability to install, configure, operate, and maintain applicable network equipment and application software programs
- Demonstrated understanding of Identity management and authentication concepts
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, industrial technology, telecommunications or a related technical field, or equivalent training and experience
- Three years of hands-on experience managing converged enterprise networks
- Three years of hands-on experience managing converged enterprise networks
- Experience with local and wide area networks (LAN, WAN) and wireless system configuration(s) and protocol
- Experience documenting systems architecture and designs with diagrams, schematics, and narratives
Classification: Network Analyst - Career
CSU Salary Range: $4,678/month - $11,547/month
San José State University offers employees a comprehensive benefits package typically worth 30-35% of your base salary. For more information on programs available, please see the Employee Benefits Summary .
Click Apply Now to complete the SJSU Online Employment Application and attach the following documents:
- Letter of Interest
CSU Vaccination Policy
The CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus (including all booster doses of an approved vaccine for which an individual is eligible per current CDC recommendations) or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. As a condition of employment, any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement as well as with other safety measures established on the campus. The system wide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/ and questions may be sent to email@example.com .
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. SJSU will issue a contingent offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was offered the position on a contingent basis.
The standard background check includes: criminal check, employment and education verification. Depending on the position, a motor vehicle and/or credit check may be required. All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate Background. Some positions may also require fingerprinting. SJSU will pay all costs associated with this procedure. Evidence of required degree(s) or certification(s) will be required at time of hire.
SJSU IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (e.g. H1-B VISAS)
All San José State University employees are considered mandated reporters under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and are required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment. Incumbent is also required to promptly report any knowledge of a possible Title IX related incident to the Title IX Office or report any discrimination, harassment, and/or retaliation to the Office of Equal Opportunity.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act and Campus Housing Fire Safety Notification:
Pursuant to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the Annual Security Report (ASR) is also now available for viewing at https://www.sjsu.edu/clery/docs/SJSU-Annual-Security-Report.pdf. The ASR contains the current security and safety-related policy statements, emergency preparedness and evacuation information, crime prevention and Sexual Assault prevention information, and information about drug and alcohol prevention programming. The ASR also contains statistics of Clery crimes for San José State University locations for the three most recent calendar years. A paper copy of the ASR is available upon request by contacting the Office of the Clery Director by phone at 408-924-1501 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Pursuant to the Higher Education Opportunity Act, the Annual Fire Safety Report (AFSR) is also available for viewing at https://www.sjsu.edu/clery/docs/SJSU-Annual-Fire-Safety-Report.pdf . The purpose of this report is to disclose statistics for fires that occurred within SJSU on-campus housing facilities for the three most recent calendar years, and to distribute fire safety policies and procedures intended to promote safety on Campus. A paper copy of the AFSR is available upon request by contacting the Housing Office by phone at 408-795-5600 or by email at email@example.com .
Equal Employment Statement
San José State University (SJSU) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, gender, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, race, religion or lack thereof, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, or protected veteran status consistent with applicable federal and state laws. This policy applies to all SJSU students, faculty and staff programs and activities. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, and certain other federal and state laws, prohibit discrimination on the basis of sex in all education programs and activities operated by the university (both on and off campus).
Advertised: October 17, 2022 (9:00 AM) Pacific Daylight Time
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert